Catholic Weddings
Options

Mary's Alter - The Flowers

Our priest didn't give us much information on the type of flowers and how they should be arranged...small bouquet or just a couple of stemmed flowers...etc. Real or artificial?

What are you doing?

Re: Mary's Alter - The Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure, but I think it's supposed to be 3 pink roses with blue ribbon, and they should always be real vs artificial. I could be wrong on the colors though.
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just requested 10 extra roses from our florist and will probably just tie them together with a ribbon!  I don't know if there are any specific requirements for this...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had never heard that certain flowers or colors were supposed to be used.  I had my bridal boquet made into three bunches that I carried together, and then after the Rite of Marriage, left 1/3 at the Marian altar, gave 1/3 to my mother and 1/3 to my MIL.
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... I've never heard that, but I'm doing 3 pink roses with a blue ribbon! Pink roses are my favorite, so I wanted to give her the best :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a single rose with a blue ribbon.  The florist we went with is the man who does the flowers for the church every weekend, so I asked him what is usually used.  (at least at our church!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Love 06/2005 | Marriage 05/28/2011 | Baby! Peanut born on his due date, 9/30/12 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think the flowers for our Blessed Mother are a personal preference, they're symbolizing the offering of joining our prayers with her.  Go with what you like, be that an entire bouquet or just a single rose.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My priest mentioned crowning Mary. So I'm going to have a crown made for her.
  • Options
    rombacjarombacja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to use purple irises - they have a lot of history and meaning to me. Mary is the reason why my fiance and I are together, so as PP stated - only the best!!

That said, a florist (that I didn't go with) tried telling me how it "had" to be done and when I pressed her she changed her tune to how it "normally" is done. I think you can head in any direction with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards