Catholic Weddings
Options

NWR: What are you looking forward too.....

What are you looking forward to this thanksgiving?

and

If anyone is going black friday shopping what are you hoping to get?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWR: What are you looking forward too.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We will be out of the state so i am not sure if I will go or not.. But if i do. I will just get stocking stuffers since that is all that i need to get since everything is bought!

I am looking forward to meeting my hubby's birth mom ( he hasn't talked to her in over 15  years long story) She will get to meet our two kids. I will also go see my two nephews that i haven't seen in a long time.
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i'm pretty shallow, so i'm really looking forward to the food.  lots of food.  eating is of great joy to me. 

no black friday shopping, but i think my mom and i are heading up to maine for the day on saturday (only an hour from us).  i wont get to spend thanksgiving with her (my turn for the ILs) but she arrives the day after with turkey pot pie in tow!
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking forward to seeing my husband.  He's been OOT, and I won't see him until I arrive in Atlanta for his family's TG gettogether. 

No black Friday shopping for me.  We're throwing my SIL a baby shower.  I am so excited, it'll be the first niece/nephew for both H and me.
  • Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seeing my friends and family. WE're having lots of mini "reunions" with various groups of friends throughout the weekend. I have a great group of friends and my family is a lot of fun, so I'm very excited to see everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_nwr-looking-forward?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:abec3fd1-688c-4d1f-945c-8830b8af6808Post:286cd4eb-91ea-4df2-bc10-614ba6755529">Re: NWR: What are you looking forward too.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking forward to seeing my husband.  He's been OOT, and I won't see him until I arrive in Atlanta for his family's TG gettogether.  No black Friday shopping for me.  <font color="#ff00ff">We're throwing my SIL a baby shower.  I am so excited, it'll be the first niece/nephew for both H and me.</font>
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

how exciting.. have fun at the baby shower!
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The usual :)  Food and family!  My fiance and I are house hopping since our families only live an hour apart and do Thanksgiving at different times of the day... when we get married, hopefully our families won't hate us if we split up the holiday more!  It will also be nice next year to be able to drive together instead of in separate cars :)

On black Friday, my younger sisters and I always go to Target early in the morning (8, maybe... none of that 4am nonsense) to purchase their deeply discounted TV show seasons... Psych Season 4 will soon be mine for, hopefully, a fantastic price of less than $15 :)  One of my sisters then continues the shopping at Mall of America nearby afterwards!  The other sister and I probably won't join her... it's absolutely overwhelming madness.
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Food! We're going to FMIL's family's for Thanksgiving, and I went two years ago and honestly, it wasn't that great. They live a couple hours away, so I still don't know any of them (that was the first and last time I met them!) so, not sure if it will be much better. I'm also looking forward to breakfast with FBIL Wednesday morning, he lives 7 hours away now so I don't see him much, but he's like a brother to me and I've known him just as long as I've known FI.

Shopping? heh. I saw something in an ad to buy for FI that will be on sale really cheap... then I realized it is a doorbuster for a store that opens at 3am. Nooooo thank you. Not from FI's family's house in the middle of nowhere that late at night. So, I might tag along if FSIL(s) go later in the morning, but otherwise no.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A day off, spending it with my fiance and my future in-laws. Because of his visitation arrangement, we usually spend Thanksgiving with his family, then we go to my family in Indiana for a few days before Christmas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    lburkey21lburkey21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really excited to go home and just relax with my family. We actually have 2 thanksgivings this year - we'll be doing dinner with DH's family on Thanksgiving and then we fly to see my family super early Friday morning and will do dinner with them that afternoon.

I think it goes without saying that I'm excited for the food as well! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards