Catholic Weddings
Options

Happy Presidents Day!

How's everyone doing today?  I hope those lucky people who didn't have to work today got to sleep in!  Our office isn't closed today, and we have a blowing snow/blizzard warning, so that's not so great.

Re: Happy Presidents Day!

• Options
    Hope you stay safe, Erin!

I'm off today!  Trying very hard to be productive -- I'm only working two days this week, then I'm taking Thursday and Friday off to spend time with my parents when they come to visit (plus our ultrasound appointment).  

I had a GREAT weekend visiting my old friends in Dallas.  I'm definitely hoping we'll end up back there someday.
    Anniversary

• Options

Enjoy your short work week Prof!  I'm sure those two days will fly by, especially since you have some great stuff to look forward to this weekend.

I've never been to Dallas, but H and I and his brothers made a pact that if NDSU makes it to the Championship game in Frisco for the third time in a row next January, we are DEFINITELY going.  I figure if we go that far we might as well make a trip of it and see some other sights in Texas, so I'll have to hit you up for suggestions :)

• Options
    It's DS's second birthday! We spent the morning playing with all of his presents. He's napping now, so I'm about to eat lunch and nap myself. Then this afternoon we're taking him to the children's museum. DS2 is also officially half-baked today.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kristan, I used to live in Plano until DH's job transferred him to Oklahoma City.  We went to Christ the King in Dallas.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I hope everyone is enjoying a day off that has one! As a student, you'd think I'd have the day off, but apparently private schools don't believe in that. I'm not off of school or work, and neither is FI (but he gets a 3 day weekend every other week, so he doesn't count). We wouldn't mind so much if we didn't have a ton of phone calls to make to places closed today.

I did have a great weekend, though. Just relaxed, got stuff done, went to a pancake breakfast after church.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Mmm, pancake breakfast - yum!   Since my H was gone all weekend and I didn't feel like cooking for just one, I pretty much just ate cereal or sandwiches for every meal.  I have quite a few meal ideas that I've been meaning to try, but it all seemed like too much work for just me

• Options
    I had the day off. Slept in a bit, and then spent several hours cleaning. Now I'm just smuggling with my kitty, waiting for H to get home he did not have the day off. Prof, is this THE ultrasound, as in determining the sex of the baby? So exciting!

• Options
    !!! I haven't had President's Day off in years (see PP's comment re: schools!) but surprisingly the firm was closed today!! FI did a little bit of work which gave me time to finally, finally, finally address and stamp all the save the dates (except the 4 ones we are still without addresses for....grr... haha.) - so now all I have to do is walk them to a mailbox...

This weekend I also read TCOYF and I'm beyond mesmerized. I really wish I had already been taking my temperature because now I just have one dot on the graph and I want to see a pattern!

So yes, very exciting things going on this weekend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Options
    I had to work today, but it was one of the best days we have had in a long time. We only had 3 kiddos intead of our usual 7 or 8. It was the most amazing laid back day.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-presidents-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:b2c93313-7a0d-4a22-9d4a-7b6bfc6542f6Post:8545a913-ca23-425a-9774-cb23e2b5f6ef">Re: Happy Presidents Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]!!! I haven't had President's Day off in years (see PP's comment re: schools!) but surprisingly the firm was closed today!! FI did a little bit of work which gave me time to finally, finally, finally address and stamp all the save the dates (except the 4 ones we are still without addresses for....grr... haha.) - so now all I have to do is walk them to a mailbox... This weekend I also read TCOYF and I'm beyond mesmerized. I really wish I had already been taking my temperature because now I just have one dot on the graph and I want to see a pattern! So yes, very exciting things going on this weekend!
    Posted by sarahdactyI[/QUOTE]
    Yay for reading TCOYF! I'm a biology major and I love sexual/reproductive health (I have no desire to be a doctor, but if I did I would totally be a ob/gyn). When I read it it completely blew my mind. I thought (and still think!) NFP is the coolest thing ever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_happy-presidents-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:b2c93313-7a0d-4a22-9d4a-7b6bfc6542f6Post:fbd63b9f-4b68-4b5a-b973-ebd234891fbc">Re:Happy Presidents Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had the day off. Slept in a bit, and then spent several hours cleaning. Now I'm just smuggling with my kitty, waiting for H to get home he did not have the day off. <strong>Prof, is this THE ultrasound, as in determining the sex of the baby? So exciting!</strong>
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

<div>It is, indeed!  We're so excited!</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    @Kristan: That is awesome; I wish I lived closer so I could see it more often! I am glad my parents switched parishes. I'm starting to think more about what readings we'll use; I can't believe how quickly the engagement is flying by now.

@Chloeagh, I wanted to be an OB/GYN for most of my life. But then in college I did some volunteering and, as it turns out, I'm selectively squeamish. So, law school. But I always love reading about health and biology. 

And @Professor, yaaaay we all can't wait to find out!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Options
    I'm totally with you, sarahdactyl. I hate needles and other people's body fluids. I would make a terrible doctor! So I'm going into pharamcy instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards