Catholic Weddings

new mass

Anyone putting amy of the new mass info in their programs? Creed, response, etc? If so, can I see an example of your wording? A lot of Catholic guests are not regular attenders and Ii don't want them to bie lost. Thanks!

Re: new mass

• I think most parishes have cards or new hymnals in the pews with the new responses on them... you could perhaps include prompts in your program to direct them to look at the cards?  That probably requires a bit too much shuffling around, though...

I attended a wedding Mass two weeks ago with programs that spelled out the responses very well... I'll try to dig up my copy and scan it in case you'd find that helpful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_new-mass?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:b6d3fe2f-d68b-453c-9994-c1ba24a754d9Post:4fd271e3-4ea2-4c1b-adbd-f90a25cc05d5">Re: new mass</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think most parishes have cards or new hymnals in the pews with the new responses on them... you could perhaps include prompts in your program to direct them to look at the cards?  That probably requires a bit too much shuffling around, though... I attended a wedding Mass two weeks ago with programs that spelled out the responses very well... I'll try to dig up my copy and scan it in case you'd find that helpful!
    Posted by newlyseliski[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
  • I asked my priest about if I should add something to our program.  He said it wasn't necessary, that at the beginning of mass, he would let the attendees know that there are new responses during mass and to either follow in a missal or the provided cards in the pews.  So ask your priest first.  It may help keep the size of your program down!
  • Ok, couldn't find my copy... I e-mailed my friends whose wedding it was to see if they can forward me their PDF proof!  Except I think they're still on their honeymoon...
  • Thank you everyone! I like just letting them know to follow in the missal and hymnal, but I do feel like that's a lot of shuffling around. I'd like to try to fit it in the program if possible. Thanks so much, newlyselisk. So nice of you to go out of your way to help! My wedding isn't until May 5, so I have some time yet!
  • I would love to have this for my wedding; especially if it has the new mass.  Please post if possible.

Linda
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards