Catholic Weddings

**Newly** (or anyone else in the Twin Cities)

I know you've mentioned really liking your NFP doctors. I have a friend who is getting married soon and moving to that area. She and her FI plan to TTC right away, and I was wondering if you could pass the info along, so I can do the same. Please and Thank you. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **Newly** (or anyone else in the Twin Cities)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_newly-or-anyone-else-in-the-twin-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:b8252ffa-79f5-4d32-a727-b0ce9a975734Post:2e4a60da-3132-456c-be70-5e42c768f6e7">**Newly** (or anyone else in the Twin Cities)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know you've mentioned really liking your NFP doctors. I have a friend who is getting married soon and moving to that area. She and her FI plan to TTC right away, and I was wondering if you could pass the info along, so I can do the same. Please and Thank you. :)
    Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

<div>My general family medicine doctor, Dr. April Lind, is pretty awesome.  I opted for her because I wanted to find someone on the west side of the cities familiar with Creighton.  She's part of a pretty large medical network in the Twin Cities (Park Nicollet) and only accepts NFP patients, so it took me a few tries to get my initial appointment scheduled with her because the scheduling staff didn't quite understand that restriction.</div><div>
    </div><div>Another doctor on the west side that was recommended to me was Dr. Nancy Miller, who I believe is more familiar with sympto-thermal!   </div><div>
    </div><div>My sister and a lot of other friends go to the AALFA clinic which is in White Bear Lake on the northeast side of town... they're an entirely NFP/NaPro place and are almost always accepting new patients.  They may be tricky with insurance, though, so definitely recommend to your friend that she check that first.</div><div>
    </div><div>I believe all of the above are listed on the "One More Soul" directory... but it should be a good starting off point :-)  </div><div>
    </div><div>Any other recommendations, TeaForMe?</div>
  • To elaborate... if they have trouble TTC... the above recommendations would probably work well!   Although it might be good to start out with a good NFP doctor anyways.  Also... there are a lot of NFP instructors for all methods locally if they need to touch base with someone about charting questions.  CCL, FertilityCare Center (Creighton) and Billings, too (probably just send her Tea's way!)

If they don't... several of my friends have recommended natural birthing centers or home births.  Park Nicollet has really good doulas, or so I hear.  My sister is pregnant right now and doing her pre-natal checkups at AALFA clinic where her general practitioner already is... but I don't know who her delivery doctor is.  

I figure that I'll know more about that stuff when I get pregnant... hopefully soon?  I've just been picking up info here and there from my friends who've already gone through it!
  • My doctor (a family doctor) isn't NFP or anything, but I really like her and she is through the HealthEast network which is associated with St. Joseph's hospital which is one of THE best hospitals for giving birth - very, very low C-section rates, low intervention rates and extremely knowledgable staff. And is, obviously, a Catholic-affiliated hospital. It's where I delivered and I will definitely go there if/when we have more kids. I know other providers also use St. Joseph's hospital, but I picked a provider out of the HealthEast network specifically for that reason.

This isn't Twin Cities or NFP specific, but in my opinion a family doctor is the way to go if you want a more holistic approach to prengnancy/childbirth/family life. I love that my doctor sees both me and my child, knows our family dynamic and she seemed to care about my baby as a person/patient even during pregnancy moreso than the OB I saw for a slight complication. Not that OB/GYNs aren't friendly towards life or anything, but their focus can sometimes seem a little one-sided, looking at the woman rather than the child as well. Just my own experience and opinion, FWIW.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_newly-or-anyone-else-in-the-twin-cities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:b8252ffa-79f5-4d32-a727-b0ce9a975734Post:0e603cb7-9b0f-4d11-80f8-3d4be6da3328">Re: **Newly** (or anyone else in the Twin Cities)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My doctor (a family doctor) isn't NFP or anything, but I really like her and she is through the HealthEast network which is associated with St. Joseph's hospital which is one of THE best hospitals for giving birth - very, very low C-section rates, low intervention rates and extremely knowledgable staff. And is, obviously, a Catholic-affiliated hospital.
    Posted by TeaForMe[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>:-D  My sisters and I were all born at St. Joseph's!  In the same room, too, amazingly enough...

</div>
  • Thanks for all the info ladies -- I will definitely pass it along. Not being familiar with that area at.all. OMSoul was just super overwhelming.

Tea, thanks for your perspective on the family doctor/OB thing. My H and I were just having a conversation about this the other day. He is really not fond of our current OB (not that we're switching at this point!), and is still annoyed that our insurance won't cover any of the Catholic/NFP doctors in the area. We just couldn't justify the cost of out-of-network care for OB (GYN is another story, IMO, given my history of cycle issues). H recently found out that there is a pro-life Family Med doc who does OB that our insurance would have covered, and I commented that I didn't know how I would have felt about seeing a FM doc for OB. I'll be sure to share your perspective with him, Tea, as I think he'll be interested in hearing it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I see Dr. Katie Clubb in Owatonna.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards