Catholic Weddings
Options

Weekend thread

Since the effort to have some chatty weekday threads has been going well, I thought I would give a weekend thread to piggyback off of the TGIF thread a try. I'll do it mini-poll style to encourage participation (and maybe keep it going past the slow weekend).

What are people up to this weekend?

Do you have any fun weekend traditions (with or without FI/H)?

What is your favorite lazy weekend activity?

Are there things you enjoy doing on the weekends that you just don't have/make time for during the week?

When do you normally attend Mass?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekend thread

• Options
    I'll also answer my own questions. Wink

My hubby and I have a lazy weekend planned. We are going to acquire some baby hand-me-downs from a family member, and I'm probably going to make cookies. There will probably be some other cooking involved as well. I'm in the mood.

Most Saturdays, I get coffee with some friends.

What is your favorite lazy weekend activity? Nothing beats a blanket and a good book. A hot beverage is an added bonus.

Are there things you enjoy doing on the weekends that you just don't have/make time for during the week? I love cooking and making big dinners or trying new things. I really love making long cook recipes, but there just isn't the time/energy to do that frequently during the week.

When do you normally attend Mass? We've been all over lately. We attended an evening Mass for years, but find ourselves going to morning Masses more and more, and intend to make that our main Mass when the baby comes. We'll probably do the morning mass tomorrow.
  • Options
    Went out with my roommates and their significant others last night. Today just relaxing at home. FI went to a car show with our friends. I was planning on going too, but woke up this morning to my period and horrible stomach cramps so I opted for the heating pad, my bed, and a book instead.

FI and I usually go to mass together on Sunday and then out for lunch (or dinner if we end up at the evening mass) together.

Probably just relaxing and reading a good book, or catching up on tv shows online since I rarely have time to watch them during the week.

Are there things you enjoy doing on the weekends that you just don't have/make time for during the week?
    Well weekends are the main time I get to spend time with FI. For the last 2 years we have lived about an hour away from eachother by metro and neither of us had a car so it is usually difficult to get together on weeknights between our work schedules and the distance. Now FI has a car and lives a little closer so I get to see him more often so that's nice.

We usually go to noon mass, although sometimes we go in the evening if we are out late the night before or have trouble getting up in the morning. (I am really not a morning person).
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2012
    Hello!  Happy Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas (my confirmation saint!)

What are people up to this weekend?  Today I may have to work (my dumb retail job has call-in shifts).  Other than that, just doing some cleaning and homework.

Do you have any fun weekend traditions (with or without FI/H)?  Sundays are FI's and my hangout day.  We always go to mass and usually just hang around his or my house, cook dinner, etc.  Other than that, not much.

What is your favorite lazy weekend activity?  I'm a lay-in-bed-watching-movies kinda person.  I could watch movies all day.  FI usually gets a little antsy after one movie.

Are there things you enjoy doing on the weekends that you just don't have/make time for during the week?  Well, sadly I do a lot of shopping on Sunday because its often the only day I have time.  I'd like to stop doing that as much since I know I'm the cause of others having to work on Sunday (btw--it's usually stuff I don't REALLY need--not like groceries or anything).  If I do anything its usually on a weekend, so like going to museums or the zoo, or even watching movies.  Don't have a lot of lazy time during the week.

When do you normally attend Mass?  FI and I attend the 9:30 am usually, but sometimes we'll attend the 11:00am if we want to sleep later.  

*Editted because I bolded the wrong thing

SaveSave
  • Options
    Woo hoo! weekend! I am SUPER happy cuz DH was in Amsterdam for business all week, and he got back last night! yay! (It was our first time apart since being married! Frown ) 

We slept in alll morning, (still in our pjs!) and we're having friends over for pizza tonight, then going tobagganing. (I've never been...DH says it's super fun..)

Well, given that we are both weekend organists, we're both gone all Sunday morning, then come back and crash all afternoon!

Staying in our pj's and lying in bed all Saturday morning! (Which I get to do several times a week, but Saturdays are the only time DH does!)

Hm, not a lot, since weekends are more "working" than weekdays, for me! But I like spending extra time with Dh cuz he's home more.

Well, as mentioned above, since it's my job, once on Saturday afternoon, and 3 times Sunday morning! But, if it weren't my job, I would probably go to a tridentine mass most weeks; there's several in the area, all about 30-35 minutes away.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hey all, I hope everyone's weekend is going great!

I have been on campus ALL day and all last night doing homework!! ugh!  I just keep telling myself that I only have three more months, the end is in sight and that this WILL be worth it lol.

He'll come down and see me or I'll go up and see him about every two weeks, and those weekends are always really fun :o)

sleeping and reading :o)

Catching up on things and doing stuff besides school

the 11 o'clock on Sunday Morning because as soon as I'm done with it I head straight to work, it works our very nicely usually :o)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hi! Stll kinda new to posting on this board so I feel awkward just jumping in, but I get bored sitting in my rocking chair while nursing the little guy and facebook can only entertain me for so long :) So I hope you don't mind.

Working on a couple final Christmas presents for friends (super cute purses). Yes, a month late, but I just finally had the chance to buy material for them this week.

We go to the Indian buffet pretty much every weekend. We went today and I found out I had left my new scarf there last weekend so that was a nice surprise!

Bumming around Target. Though that usually leads to spending money.

Spending time with the mister and getting a little extra sleep sometimes.

Usually Sunday at 10, but tomorrow I have to go at 10:30 at the school/church where I work as a kickoff for Catholic Schools Week. I have a seriously bad attitude about it, too, because it's far away (30 minutes) so it messes with my regular Sunday schedule. Sigh. I'll get over it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Hey Tea for me!  Don't be shy about posting--we need more activity here.  

We are all looking for cures to boredom!

I feel you on the Target thing.  I go in there for one thing, or just to "look around for fun," and I end up spending $50.  *Sigh*

SaveSave
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_weekend-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:bb60b022-b4cf-4978-bf69-14e1251d7bbePost:c9228dc9-4f31-4a4d-ad81-336c7e521425">Re: Weekend thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Tea for me!  Don't be shy about posting--we need more activity here.   We are all looking for cures to boredom! I feel you on the Target thing.  I go in there for one thing, or just to "look around for fun," and I end up spending $50.  *Sigh*
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

Ditto this, Tea. We love having new people around here. Please, jump in any time.

I have seriously had to break myself of my Target problem. I have to go in with a list, and walk out with only what I need. Otherwise...things can get ugly.
  • Options
    What are people up to this weekend? I drove to Amarillo and met H (we're moving to a tiny town about an hour outside of the city) and we looked at houses.  Waiting to hear from our mortgage guy before we put an offer in, but we've got three houses in mind that we loved.

Do you have any fun weekend traditions (with or without FI/H)? "Sleeping in" until 8 or so.  I've been taking my dogs to a park a lot recently, and hopefully we can continue that when we finally live together.

What is your favorite lazy weekend activity?  Catching up on TV, reading, sleeping.

Are there things you enjoy doing on the weekends that you just don't have/make time for during the week? Just resting.  I hardly ever take grading home over the weekend.  It puts me behind, but I just can't bring myself to work on the weekends.

When do you normally attend Mass?  We usually go around 9:30, but I joked with H that I should stop going at that time.  It's the mass most of the families attend, and seeing all the little kids makes my baby fever rage.  ;)
    Anniversary

• Options
    [QUOTE]When do you normally attend Mass?   We usually go around 9:30, but I joked with H that I should stop going at that time.  It's the mass most of the families attend, and seeing all the little kids makes my baby fever rage.  ;)
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
    haha, that does the opposite for me... it reminds me how much I <em>don't </em>want kids! (One of my choir members has a wife who has come up in the choir loft a few times during Mass, and they have two babies who are TWINS! I always look at them and think , "oh they are so cute! I want one! Or two! But then they start to cry, and fuss, and the mom tries to appease both of them or feed them  at the same time, and I'm like, "oh man, I do <em>not </em>want any!")<div> :-o
    </div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    i purposely avoid the family mass and the late mornign masses.  children are such a distraction to me, and most of the time, the parents just dont want to take them out when they fuss, although i ate least give them points for bringing them to mass to begin with, and starting that good habit early.

we usually do the 730am. 
  • Options
    Aww bummer, I missed it :-(  I'll go anyway!

Watching two Pride and Prejudice movies with my girlfriends from bookclub all day Saturday, then catching up on everything after Mass on Sunday!

Well, it's not the most fun tradition sometimes, but we help out with confirmation classes on Sunday nights at a nearby parish.  The frustrating part is witnessing the apathy of a good portion of the students (and their parents) about the sacrament they're preparing for, but we really enjoy being able to share the faith with the students and their parents.  Hopefully, enough will stick that they come back to their faith later in life! 

Chinese takeout and a redbox movie with the hubby... If he's busy, I like to brew a giant pot of tea and just read all day!

Usually laundry, serious cleaning and visiting with family/friends is tough to fit in on weekday nights, so that typically gets pushed to the weekends!

We usually go to a 10:30 Mass at a parish close by or a noon Mass at the Cathedral where we're members... but it's a bit of a drive from where we live now, so we don't get there as often as we'd like to!
  • Options
    I'll play!

FI came into town this weekend.  Friday night we helped my sister get her new couch, and then had pizza with her and her fam.  Saturday I made some veggie chili...yum!  Took all day, what with the chopping and dicing and simmering, but it was delicious!  That evening I cleaned while FI did homework, and then we ate chili and watched a movie.  Yesterday we went wedding band shopping, and then Mass and dinner with his fam.

Not really, but probably when we get married we will start some.  I'd like to start a tradition of having a nice homemade breakfast on Sunday mornings, but we'll see.  Neither of us is a morning person!

I love to watch movies or shows!  I have Netflix and stream a few shows on my TV, so I like to watch several episodes in a row :)

Depends on the week.  Usually I don't watch much TV during the week, so I guess there's that. 
    Lately it's been 5:30 Sunday night.  It's the Lifeteen choir, and ours is really good.  I've seen a lot of Lifeteen or other teen choirs that aren't very....reverent, I guess.  But this one really is.  Whenever I hear the songs sung by other groups, they sound like modern rock music or something, but our choir has a much more low-key and solemn sound to it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards