Catholic Weddings
Options

online NFP

Have any of you done an online NFP class, specifically Billings?  We're switching from STM but there's not an in-person class in our area that fits into H's work schedule.  I'm a little wary of not meeting with anyone in person though.

The main classes are through internet videos and then the FU appts are over the phone.  Do you think that we'll be able to learn it well this way?  I figure they wouln't offer it if it didn't work well, but any personal experiences would be appreciated.  Thanks!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: online NFP

• Options
    I haven't taken an online course, but you know what?  I think it would be fine.  I think because you have a basic understanding of NFP in general, that will make it easier.  And since you'll have an instructor and follow-ups, I think that's different than just completely online.  So in my opinion, I think it could be fine

• Options
    Hopefully Tea will check in, since I'm sure she would have some good insight.

That said, I think it would work fine. Honestly, I think the biggest thing is having an instructor you can actually meet and follow up with to answer questions, troubleshoot, etc. If the online instructor is willing to be that person, more power to 'em.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also think it will work out fine!  If you haven't already, you could find an online charting tool for Billings that allows you to share it with your instructor easily!  Chances are, the online class probably already has this integrated.  My husband made us a gooogle spreadsheet for us to track our stuff for Creighton and share the chart if necessary with our instructor if we have any issues or questions that pop up.
  • Options
    I would also ask about skype, sometimes it's nice if you can see the person.  But I think is should be just fine :o)  Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I agree that Skype would be helpful.  I use Billings, and the one-on-one appointments were definitely the most helpful.  I guess if you were describing your charts/sensations over the phone it would probably be the same.  I would just worry that I'd miss something while I was going over it.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Yes, an online course woudl be doable for sure. Most Billings teachers use the NFP Chartling Online site which can give them access to your chart so they can look it over if you have questions (don't worry, they won't look at it just for kicks... your charts (and any other information you ever give them) are considered confidential medical records). I don't know if there is a specific online course, but I guess I would start by contacting the nearest teacher to you (from the BOMA-USA website) and they can coach you from there as to how to do the instruction. And then it's really just the chart follow up which you would be able to do via phone (or even skype!) if you're using the online charting. I hope this is helpful!

Also, I know there is a website out there (billingsovulationmethod.org)which claims to give Billings instruction, but it is NOT authorized by the Billings organization ... I think it's called Billings Mentor. Do NOT use this site because it may give you false info about the method. But WOOMB.org or thebillingsovulationmethod.org are helpful as well as the BOMA-USA website.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards