Catholic Weddings

*mcdol3*

Can you believe that we're almost finished?!!!? 5 more days...crazy!!!
We did a walk through of the Easter vigil ceremony so we all knew what to expect and what our roles were - it certainly eased my mind some!

How are things going with you?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: *mcdol3*

• edited December 2011
    I'm stressed out!!! I'm home alone with a 4 month old puppy because FI got shipped out to work 8 hours away so this week is crazy busy on top of taking care of her.

This is how my week is laid out:
    Monday - Chrism mass
    Wednesday - RCIA class
    Thursday - Holy Hour and washing of the feet ceremony
    Friday - Good Friday Service
    Saturday - Retreat in the AM, Easter Vigil at 9pm
    Sunday - Easter Sunday mass

We do our walk through on Wednesday. Did you have to make a candle??
    I have mine blogged - Candle Blog

On top of all the stress though... I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!
    I am so happy that it's finally here!
  • edited December 2011

Because I was baptised in the United Church, and they honour the baptism, I had to do the Sacrament of Reconciliation on Friday.
    What a beautiful thing! I felt odd sitting waiting my turn. Kind of like at the principals office when I was a kid haha. Admitting my sins and being forgiven was so remarkable though. I can see myself going to confession at least once a month.

Hopefully you will get to experience it after Easter.

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

hey, being nosy and reading this!!!  congrats to you both on your conversions.

confession is much easier the more often you go.  not only becuase you get into a routine and get used to it, but also because the more often you go, you usually have less sins to confess since only a short amount of time has passed since hte last one.  also, when you confess regularly, it really and truly does make you think twice about committing a sin in the first place.

• edited December 2011
    Calypso,
    I found confession very theraputic. I agree with you and hope it's true.
    I hope that the more I go, the better it will become and the better Catholic I will be. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I ditto. Good luck to you both on you confessions. I remember being there myself a year ago. Gosh, can't believe how time flys!
  • lburkey21lburkey21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We don't have class this week nor do we have a retreat but we'll be at church Thurs-Sun. it's crazy that it's here already but so exciting at the same time. I can't wait to finally be able to take communion with my FI!

I was actually thankful that I am not required to go to confession before the Easter Vigil. Since I'll be baptized that night, the baptism will forgive me of my sins. I would have been so nervous if I had to go to confession! It is something that I'd like to try to get into a habit of doing after this process...maybe once a quarter or something like that.

Oh and no, I did not have to make a candle. I'll check your blog out at home...work doesn't like blogspot.com websites! 

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    I know the RCIA folks in my class that are being baptised have a special time in June to go to their first confession.
    It was very rewarding. the non-baptised folks were asking me what it was like when I saw them all this past Saturday. They all looked relieved when I told them I was nervous, but it was a good experience. lol

Taking Communion with FI will be awesome!!
    edited December 2011
    I think my first confession will be nerve-wrecking but I know that I'll feel so much better when I walk out of there. One of those things that you think is worse than it actually is. Did you do yours face to face or anonymously?

• caitriona87caitriona87 member
    edited December 2011
    Just butting in to say congrats to both of you!!! =D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i always do mine behind the screen, but often the priest knows who you are anyway (if you go regularly).

regardless, tehy cannot pass judgement on what you say in there. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_mcdol3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:c29f4466-d2e3-4a5e-adb2-8bf3d2b908e0Post:5c4efbcf-6af0-4932-bc96-92ba5a4f1114">Re: *mcdol3*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think my first confession will be nerve-wrecking but I know that I'll feel so much better when I walk out of there. One of those things that you think is worse than it actually is. Did you do yours face to face or anonymous ly?
    Posted by lburkey21[/QUOTE]

I went to our Parish Penitential Service. There was about 9 priests throughout the church we could go to. I think there was only one that was anonymous.
    I didn't mind it the face-to-face.  It was a little weird, but you just go, say what you need to say, ask for forgiveness and you feel better.
    edited December 2011
    I think I'd have to do mine behind the screen the first few times when I start going. Face to face seems a little too imtimidating!!

Let's be sure to talk after each of the masses this week!!

• edited December 2011
    I will try and get to a computer this weekend. I usually only Knot/Nest on workdays.
    Hopefully I can get around to popping on this weekend.

Had the Chrism mass last night. All our priests in the diocese were renewing their vows. It was a nice service, unfortunately I couldn't stay for all of it. Seeing the oils blessed by the bishop that will be used this year for baptism and confirmation was nice.
    edited December 2011

Definitely get on if you can. I don't know if I'll be able to until Monday either just because family will be in town and stuff.

I'm not able to go to the Chrism mass...ours is this afternoon. It would be nice to see but maybe some other time.

• edited December 2011

We had our run through for Easter Vigil and shared our candles last night.

It was as if our Parish has never done the RCIA before. lol They were so confused and not sure where and what happens Saturday evening. I was so confused and I still have no clue when I'm supposed to light my candle, go up for confirmation etc. I'm handing it over to God that our priest will do his homework and figure it out. He had no clue what was going on last night. :(

Oh well! It will all go smoothly, and if it doesn't, it will be a funny memory :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards