Catholic Weddings
Options

Friday Chit Chat

Hope everyone's Friday is going well!  I'm super busy with this being the last day before final exams!

Any big plans for Memorial Day weekend?
Anniversary

Re: Friday Chit Chat

• Options
    Oh yay! One day closer to being done! I'm taking my Billings teacher training course this weekend... Starts tonight then all day Sat and Sun and half if Mon. I'm excited but a little bummed to give up my whole weekend, to be honest.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I work today and tomorrow, but I'm off Sunday.  FI and I are going to see my parents and do some wedding stuff on Sunday, but we have to be back kinda early because FI has work on Monday morning.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    I get off work at 1 pm today, and I'm off work through Monday - definitely looking forward to the long weekend!  Two of FI's brothers are in town, we have tickets to a baseball game tonight so I hope the weather holds up.
  • Options
    Tomorrow is cleaning day!  FI is coming over to help, which is very sweet of him.  Then Sun we have a Memorial Day party, which I'm REALLY looking forward to.  I love cook-out foods (potato salad, deviled eggs, etc....yum!).  I need to run errands on Monday (I need to get something to wear to my shower!).

Tea, that's awesome about your Billings training, but I get not wanting to give up the whole weekend.  I hope it all goes well for you, though :) 

• Options
    I think H is purchasing a fridge today!  I don't know why, but I am really excited that we will OWN a fridge!
    Anniversary

• Options
    FI's pretty much working all weekend, but also has his bachelor party Saturday night. I'm thinking I'm going to watch girly movies and get some final wedding stuff done. Need to work on the programs and wrap bridal party gifts. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Resa, have you always had a countdown on your sig and I'm just now noticing?
    Guess I need to get some real cleaning done too. Having a bunch of people stay at my apartment for the wedding and it's not quite guest ready yet.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    No, I just added it in the last week or so.  I joined TK when I was a year out, so I didn't feel like it really was that exciting to know it was 10 months away, you know?  But now that's it's a few months out, I figured I'd add a countdown :) 

• Options
    TeaForMe- That's super exciting! I want to become an NFP teacher really bad, I think it's great that you are going to teach!

Car show this weekend!  FI and I get to drag our cars out and go have some fun. I love car show season :o)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    TGIF on a long weekend Friday! I got sent home from work at 11, just because there was no one there and not much going on. I am ready for summer school starting Tuesday.

This weekend, DH and I are painting the nursery, so currently everything that goes in there, even temporarily, is in the living room. It is sort of comical -- 2 high chairs (one a gift, one a hand-me-down that I'll pass along to a friend), car seat, stroller, desk, crib-in-a-box, misc. storage stuff -- scattered all over like some sort of living room garage sale or something.

I feel like I've been one of those pregnant ladies who can talk about nothing but the nursery lately. I think it's becuase I'm so excited to finally have a vision and to be moving forward, instead of just making things messier and messier by throwing more junk into the room. Anyway, my point is to apologize to everyone who is sick of hearing me talk about it this week. :)

I'm also going to a family BBQ/pool party on Monday, which will be super fun! I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Prof -- my bff and her DH are settling into their new house this weekend (movers did their thing during the week) and just got a new fridge, too! There is definitely something very grown-up about buying appliances!

Tea -- good luck at NFP training. I know that's something in my long-term future. I'm just not called quite yet. I hear you on giving up your whole weekend, though.

Everyone with wedding stuff to do -- good luck! I remember how stressful those last weeks were, and they seriously flew by!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hope the weekend will be better than any day this week because they all sucked
  • Options
    Biblio - no need to apologize (to me, anyway) :) I love hearing about baby stuff. I truly got a little nostalgic just packing away my maternity clothes a couple months ago, thinking about "back in the day" (last summer) preparing for the little dude.

Prof - what kind of fridge are you getting? I also enjoy talking about appliances, I guess. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Tea - I'm not sure what he ended up getting.  I just know that we really liked a Samsung French door refrigerator with ice in the door.  I think that's the one he decided he wanted, but this whole living separately thing has meant we've just had to trust each other's judgment on stuff like that.  :o  It can be a little scary at times!

OOT, I certainly hope you have a relaxing weekend!

I've come to the sad realization that I'm a little scared to send some of these kiddos off into the 10th grade.  Usually by the end of 9th grade we've managed to turn them into real people, but some of these kids have been very resistant.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Hope everyone has a happy weekend! Sounds like evryone will be busy.

I'm going down the shore! I get to show my fiance my favorite shore town (Ocean City, NJ) It's my favorite place in the state. It's really my dream to own a summer house there some day. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards