Catholic Weddings

TGIF!!

How is everyone doing this Friday?  It's cold here but no snow (yet), seems like everyone around us got some though.  I'm struggling a little today because H brought home a sore throat that's been going around his office, and now I have it - I really hope it's nothing serious, since neither of us really have any vacation/PTO left, it's all earmarked for the honeymoon in December!

Re: TGIF!!

• Oh no!!  I hope you don't get sick!! 

I am just hoping and praying that work isn't too tough today.  I had a REALLY rough day on Wednesday, and a moderately tough day yesterday, so I need a mild day today. 

• Drink lots of orange juice, take vitamins, rest! Sore throats are awful. :( Hope you feel better!
    Where are you honeymooning?

Good Luck with work today Resa! Remember it's Friday and almost over. :)

My work morning is flying. I had a meeting with our insurance rep at work to learn about the health coverage I can get. I've been on my parents insurance, but that will change when I get married in 30 days.(!!)
    Plus my fiance is without health insurance right now, so I'd like him on my policy as well. Fun stuff.

I think my food poisoning is finally going away. I have an appetitie this morning, which I haven't had all week. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hoping for an easy day for you Resa!  Yesterday and today have been pretty mild for me, I've had a little trouble getting motivated, but the attorneys I work for are out for a seminar so it's been really quiet.

Christina - we're going to the Ocean Coral & Turquesa resort in Puerto Morelos, Mexico (Mayan Riviera) Dec. 8-15.  We are SO excited!  My office planned our Christmas party for December 7 so H and I can still attend - we'll just have to take it easy on the drinking since we have to be at the airport at 5am the next day.  Glad to hear you're feeling better, I've never had true food poisoning so I can't even imagine how awful that would be.
  • Erin, I'm getting a little jealous of your vacation...

• Ick... stay healthy, Erin!  This weather is unpleasant... 

Just got back yesterday from a vendor trip to Tennessee... we got to stay in Nashville where it was ridiculously gorgeous the whole time!  In between touring a porcelain tile plant and learning all about tile installation... they took us out on the town in the evenings until at least 12:30 am ET which my midwest internal time clock isn't quite accustomed to.  It's incredible how many talented musicians are packed into that city!  We came back to 35 degree/sleet/windy weather in Minneapolis which was a bit depressing... now I'm playing catch-up at work!
  • It always throws me off when I am eating Cheerios, and you East Coasters are talking about the morning flying by! Silly time zones...

Resa, hoping the rest of your day is nice and easy!

Erin, I agree with drinking lots of fluids: water, OJ, tea with honey -- and getting lots of rest this weekend. 

I don't have major plans for this weekend. I might get together on Sunday with a group from my old parish, but it sort of depends on how things are going with C. I'm sure H will come up with some projects/plans for us, though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Biblio, now I really want Cheerios.  I haven't had Cheerios in forever!!

• Newly - the Nashville trip sounds great!  My sister and her now-husband lived in Knoxville for several years before moving to St. Paul, I wish I had made a point to visit Tennessee when they lived down there.  Stay warm, I think you're having worse weather than Fargo right now!

Resa - it should be lots of fun!  It'll be the first time that H and I travel together, by plane.  Plus by then i'm sure the weather here will be awful so it'll be great to go somewhere nice and warm.  I went a little overboard already buying new swimsuits, swimsuit covers, and a fabulous hat (one of those with the big floppy brim for sun protection) that I've always wanted!
  • Oh man, Christina, it's so close!  I remember making the 2012 wedding list and thinking, "That is SO far away!"

Erin, very jealous of your vacation!

AFM: I'm off today and getting ready to load up in my parents' car to head up to my cousin's wedding!  It's finally really, really cold out here so trying to figure out something cute to wear that I wouldn't freeze to death in was a bit of a challenge.

A little mini cheer: last night my mom pulled "Catholicism for Dummies" off the bookshelf in our guest room and asked if she could borrow it.  For as much as she struggled with my decision to join the church, it really made me happy that she's trying to learn.  She was so cute, she even suggested I go get my throat blessed to help this cough I've had for about a month.  =)
    Anniversary

• Prof, that's AWESOME about your Mom!  Also, all this talk of cold weather is making me so grateful the weather here has been so nice so far this fall.  It's been mostly 60s and 70s, and I'm loving it.  Of course, after the hurricane comes through, maybe we'll start seeing some cold days.

• Resa - I'm so jealous of your weather, 60's and 70's?!  Lucky!

I'm really glad that we got the crockpot we registered for as wedding gift, and a cookbook, I'm thinking it's definitely time to start making some soups!  Anybody have a suggestion on some good ones to make?  I've always been a soup out of the can girl so far...
  • Erin, we make chili in our crockpot all the time.  We are still trying different recipes from our cookbook.  Sometimes you can buy the packets for crockpots near the spices and they are usually fool proof.

AFM - I have today off from work, with no real plans.  I went to the grocery store to stock up for the hurricane.  We are finally meeting my baby cousin tomorrow, he's 5 weeks old and the first of the next generation.  On Sunday we are having our engagement pictures done.

Enjoy your weekends! 
  • we are in full scale hurricane prep here. 
  • Calypso, good luck with the hurricane!

Last year we had a freak snow storm around this time...wondering if it will hit again this year.

Prof: I know! I cannot believe how close it's getting. Next week will be under a month, and then two weeks...etc. I'm getting excited. I really need to finish Thank You cards for my bridal shower gifts tonight...FI's family is a little confusing with their Portuguese names and bad handwriting in their cards. LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck with the hurricane!!  Everyone here is FREAKING OUT about it, so I can't imagine what it must be like up north where it's supposed to be worse.

So lately I just keep seeing post after post on FB of "we're expecting...TWINS!"  And the weird thing is, most of these people (all the ones I've been close enough to to ask) conceived them NATURALLY.  What is up with this huge incidence of twins?  Is that happening in anyone else's social sphere? 

• i am very thankful it is Friday! My husband has plans for most of the weekend, so I am hoping to find something for the girls and me to do. The weather looks like it will be staying pretty nice over the weekend, but next week is looking COLD! right now I think it is low 70s.

Yesterday we toured a preschool, and I am actually nervous about this! I know most of you aren't near this time, but it is not easy! The Catholic preschool near us, is really nice, but they don't accept many children so we may not get in. There is another Catholic preschool nearby, but it isn't what we are looking for, so I need to research some more this weekend. 

Resa- no one I know is having twins, and I really hope it stays that way! Especially for us. I am totally not ready for another baby anytime soon! Two is tough! I can't imagine two at once!

Erin- I make tons of things in the crockpot, soups, stews, chili, meatballs, chicken fajitas, steak sandwiches, and probably tons more I'm not thinking of. I love using a crockpot!

I am so ready for my husband to get home, he works two jobs so I haven't seen him much this week. Hoping we can relax and watch a movie or something tonight! I really need a mommy break!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Twins - yikes!  I don't know anyone who has twins, but I can't even imagine how much harder that would be.  My FIL has joked several times that H and I should/will have twins right off the bat (they don't run in my family at all, I just think he's excited for grandkids!)  Sometimes I think it would be cute/fun to have twins, but then I think about it from a more practical standpoint, such as how much more difficult breastfeeding would be, and how could we possibly afford daycare, and I decide maybe one at a time would be best... :)

Ash - those all sound so yummy!  I better start paying better attention on Pinterest for good crockpot stuff
  • See, I kinda want twins.  Yeah, it'll be CRAZY hard, but I think I could handle it.  If I had twins, I'd want there to be at least 4 years between them and their other sibs.  So like, if I had a 2 year old, and became pregnant with twins, then I would feel way too overwhelmed.  But if I had twins, then waited 4-5 years, and then had another baby, I'd like it.

• lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    lol. I kind of want twins, too! I kind of want a lot of kids (like 6,) and since I'm already 28, I think if I had some of them as twins, it might make it more possible, (once we "break the seal" haha...)
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:d7caee5c-04c3-4f66-9c9d-64fa4b1eaf80Post:29f6fe8e-8549-48cc-ba60-64dcd9609ea3">Re: TGIF!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Twins - yikes!  I don't know anyone who has twins, but I can't even imagine how much harder that would be.  My FIL has joked several times that H and I should/will have twins right off the bat (they don't run in my family at all, I just think he's excited for grandkids!)  Sometimes I think it would be cute/fun to have twins, but then I think about it from a more practical standpoint, such as how much more difficult breastfeeding would be, and how could we possibly afford daycare, and I decide maybe one at a time would be best... :) <strong>Ash - those all sound so yummy!  I better start paying better attention on Pinterest for good crockpot stuff</strong>
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

This threw me off big time! Ash and I have (I suspect) the same real name, and I had started a post about the awesome crockpot recipes I've found on Pinterest, but abandoned it to tend to C.

I thought twins would be sorta fun before I had a baby. Now, I'm like noooooooooo, please no twins!!!!!! I know only one person IRL who has had twins recently, and suspect they are not natural. We're not close enough to ask, and I'd rather not know.
  • In Response to Re:TGIF!!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF!!:Twins yikes!nbsp; I don't know anyone who has twins, but I can't even imagine how much harder that would be.nbsp; My FIL has joked several times that H and I should/will have twins right off the bat they don't run in my family at all, I just think he's excited for grandkids!nbsp; Sometimes I think it would be cute/fun to have twins, but then I think about it from a more practical standpoint, such as how much more difficult breastfeeding would be, and how could we possibly afford daycare, and I decide maybe one at a time would be best... : Ash those all sound so yummy!nbsp; I better start paying better attention onnbsp;Pinterest for good crockpot stuffPosted by erin5286This threw me off big time! Ash and I have I suspect the same real name, and I had started a post about the awesome crockpot recipes I've found on Pinterest, but abandoned it to tend to C.I thought twins would be sorta fun before I had a baby. Now, I'm like noooooooooo, please no twins!!!!!! I know only one person IRL who has had twins recently, and suspect they are not natural. We're not close enough to ask, and I'd rather not know. Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree with you on the twin thing! There isn't a way to explain how tiring it is being a mom, even if someone tried, it is also wonderful, fun, and amazing, but throw a little tiring in there too! :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_tgif-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:d7caee5c-04c3-4f66-9c9d-64fa4b1eaf80Post:ca0f672a-0f2f-4624-ad6b-1756340eed7f">Re:TGIF!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:TGIF!!: Totally agree with you on the twin thing! There isn't a way to explain how tiring it is being a mom, even if someone tried, it is also wonderful, fun, and amazing, but throw a little tiring in there too! :
    Posted by Ashl07[/QUOTE]

This x 10000

I wouldn't trade being a mom -- I am so blessed by it in so many ways -- for anything, but it is definitely tiring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards