Catholic Weddings
Options

Prayer of the Faithful

Good Morning ladies!

I am currently working on some of our selections for the wedding Mass. My little sister is a Poor Clare, so she will not be able to come to the wedding. I would really like to include an intention in the prayer of the faithful that somehow mentions her and also is a prayer for vocations. Have any of you done something like this, or do you have any ideas for how I could word an intention to include this idea?

Thank you so much!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Prayer of the Faithful

• Options
    "For all priests and religious, especially Sister so-and-so, that they may be strengthened in their vocations and that more young people will continue to hear the call to to consider a religious vocation, we pray to the Lord..."
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi, I know this isn't really related to your question, but my dream is to get married at a local Poor Clare monastery, where the nuns there have been my friends for years. When you were in the planning phase, did you look into whether your sister's community would have let you get married in their public chapel? I plan on getting engaged pretty soon, and I want to know what the Poor Clare policy on that type of thing is before I ask. In any even, you, your husband, and your sister and her entire community are in my prayers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards