Catholic Weddings

Program question

Hello Ladies,

FI and I are getting married in a Catholic church (in 2 weeks!) and while most of his guests are Catholic, most of mine are not. I was wondering if you included the your readings in your programs or if you just included the citation. Our wedding coordinator at the church said the citation alone was fine but I am not sure if non-Catholics will be able to follow. 

Also, I am concerned about how much paper I will have to print since printing in color is so expensive. If it weren't for that it would be a no brainer for me to include the readings. What did you do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Program question

• I just included the citations.  People just listen to the readings anyway, so you should be fine.  If you're concerned about printing prices, you could just do the cover in color and the rest in black ink.  Hope that helps!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been finalizing mine today actually. I just put the citations for the readings and their "titles" (or whatever you'd call them, from the book.... that I can't remember the name of, geeze have I got wedding brain) but did put reponses. My program is technically 8 pages, but really only 2 sheets of paper front and back. I included mostly direnctions and notes (i.e sit/stand) and noted when to use pew cards for responses and the hymns for the songs. 
    BTW, only about 25% of our guests will actually be Catholic
    Anniversary
  • PS, yay for us Catholic June brides! Looks like we have one for each of the next 3 weeks!
    Anniversary
  • Sounds like you have a pretty detailed program, that will be really nice for your non-Catholic guests who aren't familiar with a Catholic Mass.  I'll have a similar ratio of Catholic to non-Catholic guests, so if you'd ever be willing to share a de-personalized example of your program, I'd love to see it!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_program-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:fb352c3e-1185-4c87-96dc-f018e22e8a6fPost:34179639-7bb8-47dd-8f30-7ec4c5bc2677">Re: Program question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been finalizing mine today actually. I just put the citations for the readings and their "titles" (or whatever you'd call them, from the book.... that I can't remember the name of, geeze have I got wedding brain) but did put reponses. My program is technically 8 pages, but really only 2 sheets of paper front and back. I included mostly direnctions and notes (i.e sit/stand) and noted when to use pew cards for responses and the hymns for the songs.  BTW, only about 25% of our guests will actually be Catholic
    Posted by caiti2u[/QUOTE]
  • More than half of our guests were not Catholic, and I only printed 4x8 front/back cards off Zazzle.  I just listed the book, chapter, and verse of each reading and it was totally fine.  At the rehearsal the priest went over the order of everything with the WP so that they would know when to sit/stand/etc and everyone just followed them.
    Anniversary

• Eliz77Eliz77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    This may be completely obvious and I am just oblivious but...how do you find the book, chapter, verse of each reading? I feel like I am missing something right in front of me...
    ~ES~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_program-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:fb352c3e-1185-4c87-96dc-f018e22e8a6fPost:02e271fa-167e-42aa-8028-72772660456f">Re: Program question</a>:
    [QUOTE]This may be completely obvious and I am just oblivious but...how do you find the book, chapter, verse of each reading? I feel like I am missing something right in front of me...
    Posted by Eliz77[/QUOTE]

<div>I know my Together for Life book had everything listed.</div>
    Anniversary

• edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_program-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:fb352c3e-1185-4c87-96dc-f018e22e8a6fPost:b56c37f7-c427-4620-bf82-945a08f20d6a">Re: Program question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like you have a pretty detailed program, that will be really nice for your non-Catholic guests who aren't familiar with a Catholic Mass.  I'll have a similar ratio of Catholic to non-Catholic guests, so if you'd ever be willing to share a de-personalized example of your program, I'd love to see it! In Response to Re: Program question :
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

<div>I pretty much followed the format found in the website on the sticy at the top of our page.</div><div>Here's the link though: <a rel="nofollow" href="https://sites.google.com/site/theknotcatholicweddings/ceremony-info">link</a></div><div>I used the ordinary form witin mass template. The contact lady at the church was very impressed with it, and I had to cite this website, so thanks to whomever created it!</div><div>And I too got the readings from the Together For Life book (brain working a little better today)</div><div>
    </div><div>Edit: Oh, I used the link at the bottom of that website vs the brief version shown on it.</div><div>Also, I ended up not putting in the lyrics for my songs, just the #'s found in the hymns because otherwise you have to pay for copyright</div>
    Anniversary
  • Thanks caiti2u!  I've looked at the site before but never noticed those links at the bottom.
  • Eliz77Eliz77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_program-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:fb352c3e-1185-4c87-96dc-f018e22e8a6fPost:f67bb42c-d398-4e93-9c61-f04fe0bdfc75">Re: Program question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Program question : I know my Together for Life book had everything listed.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
    OK, thanks! I'll need to look closer!
    ~ES~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards