Texas

A warning to brides about iCatching Events owned by Mr. Joseph "Jody" Torrence

Pls beware of Mr. Joseph Torrence (who goes by the nickname “Jody”) of iCatching Events, located at 16516 El Camino Real Dr., Houston, TX 77062, or 3101 Nasa Pkwy, Ste. F., Seabrook, TX 77586. Mr. Joseph Torrence was contracted to do the décor for my wedding on 3/17/12. He was paid in full via checks, which he was pretty quick to cash. That shd have been a warning sign. He had no problem coming to my house to pick up checks; however, he didn’t show up at the reception venue on my wedding day. His team showed up 1hr 56mins late to set up the ballroom. Cocktail was only supposed to be for 30mins. So, my guests were kept standing for almost 2 hrs in order to have the reception room set up.

If Mr. Joseph Torrence’s truck had arrived with everything we had asked for & if he was also present to execute what he was contracted to do, things wouldn’t have been so bad. However, Mr. Joseph Torrence wasn’t present. B/4 my husband & I went into the ballroom, I used a different phone to call him cuz he was ignoring my calls. I asked him why I didn’t even have candles at my wedding reception. He nonchalantly told me he “obviously can’t make it to the venue at the time as it’s too late.” In response to my email, he stated that he wasn’t sure what went wrong at my wedding reception. I don’t understand why he would say that as he was in charge of décor, was paid in full, & was supposed to be present for setup & make sure everything went smoothly.

My husband & I found out that Mr. Torrence didn’t pay the vendors he had subcontracted our services/goods to for the wedding. We didn’t get the following: patterned uplighting; specific types of flowers we had wanted, instead we got different types, some of them sprayed (yes, sprayed!!); the tables for the cocktail area so we had no place for our place cards/cocktail drinks/pictures/gifts; mirror top table for the wedding & groom’s cake; a candle package (we got zero candles!); 2 glass beaded chargers for my husband & I; & extra pipe & drape. In addition, my bouquet & those of the bridesmaids were supposed to be different but we got the same bouquet, the color of the flowers was different from what I wanted, & they looked old; we only got 6 out of 8 centerpieces; & got round table linen for square table tops.

My entire wedding was messed up & became unorganized because the wedding planner now had to spend time fixing Mr. Joseph Torrence’s mistakes. Lighting wasn’t enough, as we didn’t get the extra lighting we paid for, so most of our pictures turned out with a dark background. I didn’t enjoy my day cuz I was disappointed about the way things turned out after spending so much time & money, & because of him, I didn’t have all the details I had planned for my wedding.

It’s been more than a month since the wedding. We have asked Mr. Joseph Torrence for a full refund as he didn’t meet his own part of the agreement. He doesn’t answer his phone & is giving us the run around. We are now spending more time & money, hiring the services of a lawyer to get our money back. We are supposed to still be on our honeymoon but instead, we are dealing with this. Who does this to someone on their wedding day?? To this date, he hasn’t provided a logical explanation for the mismanagement of our event. He had no problem cashing our checks, but did not have the courtesy to personally manage our event. So, pls BEWARE!!

Re: A warning to brides about iCatching Events owned by Mr. Joseph "Jody" Torrence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards