Texas

I need some Advice....

First off, to introduce myself, my name is Casey. I'm a 21 year-old college student at Texas State and I was just asked by my wonderful man, Jeremy, to marry him. Of course, I said "YES!" We are looking to have a long engagement, and really take the time to graduate from college and get everything in order to get married and start our life together.

Where that's not a problem for me, my parents are not quite keen on the idea of me thinking of marriage at my age...even though I get my BA in a year and My now Fiance' and I have been together for 3.5 years.

I need advice on how I should break the great news to my parents that I am engaged without them getting so worried. Please help?

<3 - Casey

Re: I need some Advice....

• edited December 2011
    The answer is simple, if you parents love you they will be supportive with of you every step of the way, but be careful and don't allow them to overstep too many boundaries when it come to your special day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    It will probably also be helpful if you mention that you are planning a long engagement. Course there are some that think long engagements are just plain silly, but take it from one who knows, if gives you plenty of time to find just what you want and for a great price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards