Illinois
Options

The search for my wedding dress begins...

Over the weekend while visiting home my mom and I decided to stop in a local bridal shop to try on some dresses! I was very excited to say the least. I went in with an idea knowing pretty close to the style I wanted. I figured they would have a couple dresses so show me and ones I could at least try on. Now, I don't know if because this was a local smaller shop or what, but they didn't carry much in my size. I'm not huge or anything, but I'm not tiny by any means! Lol! SO, anyway, I do have curves and what I want is a corset top (for sure) and I am thinking a mermaid (trumpet) bottom. For a homecoming in HS I worn a dress with this same style and it looked really good on me! Well, the lady there didn't show any interest in helping me. I don't know if because it was the holiday weekend and she was just ready to get out of there or what. I told her what I wanted and she replied with.. "I don't think we have that in the size you are looking for." I was also tell my mom I didn't want a A-line because it made me look bigger and didn't show off my curves! The lady overheard and made some comment that an A-line with hide a big butt and hips!!! I almost walked out of the store on that note. Haha! Needless to say, I did get to try on one dress. It was corset top, but A-line skirt. And I know for sure I won't be buying from that lady at all! I'm hoping when I make an appt. with David's Bridal, my experience will be much better.   I didn't like the dress I tried on much, but the top it something similur to what I want. What do you ladies think? Anyone else have any dress shopping problems!?

Re: The search for my wedding dress begins...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't found a dress yet, I recommend looking at Lindsey Lane in Rantoul.  The ladies working there were very nice and helpful - and most of the dresses are under $300!  (They had a $99 rack too)  I looked at David's Bridal and Michelle's Bridal online, but I went back to Lindsey Lane and found what I wanted.  It is a smaller shop compared to the chain stores, but there was plenty to choose from and they do alterations too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards