Illinois

If you bought your dress at michelle's in urbana

Did you have your alterations done by the seamstresses that they recommend? If so, which one did you use and did you like them? also, if you don't mind, how much did you spend on alterations? (you don't have to answer the last one, I'm just trying to get some ballpark numbers in my head.) Thanks ladies!

Re: If you bought your dress at michelle's in urbana

• edited December 2011
    I did. I went with Blanca (her schedule worked better with mine). She did a great job - waiting to see my dress again when I pick it up on Thursday! I paid about $150. She hemmed the bottom, added a bustle, and sewed in some cups to give me some extra help up top. Let me know if you'd like any more detail.
  • kristintianakristintiana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Jeannie - her schedule worked better for me. :) I met with her last Monday and she was very nice and listened to what I wanted. I go back next Monday to have my final fitting. I'm not sure how much it will cost, but all we had to do was put in bra cups and a bustle so mine aren't super extensive.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls, I am just really worried that mine is going to cost an arm and a leg to alter. I'm sure it will need hemmed, the straps need shortened a bit and the top it's going to need to be taken in-especially on top. How quick was the turnaround from when you went in for your first fitting? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really curious.
  • edited December 2011
    sorry, I guess I didn't need to put that it'll need taken in on top, twice!
  • edited December 2011
    The turnaround on mine was very fast - I think a week or two.
  • kristintianakristintiana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with her last Monday and she said she'd be ready this week, but I pushed to next Monday due to my work schedule. Again though... I didn't need very many things done, so it could be totally different. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards