Illinois
Options

Switched my location and date...

Well, I am spontaneous thats for sure. If you have been following my blog you saw that I was frustrated with our venue because they only had a list of approved caterers to choose from. Like 7 to be exact. They kept dropping off one by one for different reasons. They were quoting us WAY over our budget and we realized, this is NOT what we had in mind. I was started to feel like I wasn't happy with my venue anymore and I just couldn't picture my wedding and reception being here and look like I wanted it to. So after hanging out with some friends over the weekend and talking... we have found our PERFECT venue and reception location. My friend Sarah is the person to thank! She works for a wedding photographer and did a wedding this Saturday at a winery that is only 20 minutes from our house (which beats an hour to our old location!) I am not from this area originally so I knew nothing about it, and somehow Jon living here his whole life, also wasn't aware of it. So we visited the winery on Sunday and fell in love with the place! And best of all, you can have ANY caterer you want. We have also already found our caterer that is only about 8 dollars a person!! Sounds too good to be true?! Well more on that later! Here is our wedding and reception location now! Willow Ridge Winery Shelbyville, IL Where the ceremony will be Some pictures of the reception area The tasting room All photos taken at: Willow Ridge Winery Shelbyville, IL  I could not be happier with our location now. We did have to move our wedding date to June 26th, 2010 because they were already booked for the 19th. The only thing we will be losing money on is about $60 on our Save The Date Magnets we ordered. I will be ordering them again today with the correct date. We should be able to get our deposit back from our other location and wedding coordinator we hired. Let me know what you girls think! I'm so excited now! =) Until next time, happy planning!!

Re: Switched my location and date...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear your old location was so crappy Atleast you found out now where you're only out $60. I agree, Willlow ridge is really nice. I'm glad it all got worked out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards