Illinois
Options

Vendor Reviews

Hi ladies! I'm back, I'm married and I have my vendor reviews. Ceremony First United Methodist Church- Decatur, Il B- The wedding coordinator and the pastor were not on the same page. One would tell us one thing and the other would tell us the opposite. No one knew what to do during the ceremony. The coordinator told me it was okay to seat everyone evenly instead of brides side and grooms side. Then, told the ushers not to do that and that they HAD to seat them on brides side/grooms side. Very confusing people. However, the ceremony went great, thanks to our ability to imporovise! lol. Reception Hickory Point Golf Club- Forsyth, Il. D I hate to give them a D, but it is based on the amount of rudeness we received. I am still appalled at the way the staff treated me and my guests. It was awful. One woman snapped on my best friend when she went to let them know that her sierra mist was just carbonated water. The bartender told her "it tastes fine, you just have no idea what you're talking about!" Another woman finally made her go check it and guess what? It was out of syrup. This is just one example of what we had to deal with. The same woman was refusing to give me a dr.pepper when I asked for one because she didn't feel like getting it. Seriously?!?! We paid a heck of a lot of money and I am still mad about it. I have since talked to the banquet manager about it and she said she would look into it, but she didn't seem to concerned. Other than that, the food was really good. Photographers Beyond The Well- Bloomington A+ Okay, we don't have our pics back yet, but our e-pics were amazing. Karen and Nate are two of the coolest people you'll ever meet and I know they got some amazing shots. They were everywhere, yet they were never in the way. Highly recommend them :) DJ Dennis Luna of Dynamic Sound- Bloomington A+++ Wonderful and very professional. He is such a great guy and did an amazing job. We wanted someone who would be able to get people out on the floor dancing, he did just that! Everyone loved him, lots of compliments. He puts a lot of time and effort into your reception and it shows. Very reasonably priced compared to some of the other dj's we looked at. Cake Susan's Specialty Cakes- Fairbury A+++ Beautiful, delicious and what a bargain! We had a 4 tiered wedding cake, a grooms cake in the shape of a wood duck and she delivered it 80 miles....total cost was less than $400. This also included a gumpaste flower bouquet she made as our cake topper. The cakes were gorgeous and tasted amazing. I am still getting compliments on it. Many people said it was the best cake they've ever had. A week after our wedding, our cake was just as moist as the day of the wedding. Her prices are phenomenal, check her out! Limo Z Entertainment-Champaign A+ We rented the hummer limo and it was very clean and nice. The driver was on time, polite and very friendly. He didn't even mind taking the jy. attendants for a ride while we were finishing up pictures. Dress Michelle's Bridal-Champaign A+ Customer Service is their #1 goal and it shows. By the time we got back from our honeymoon, I already had a thank you card in the mail from my consultant. My consultant helped me out so much with choosing my dress, the bridesmaids, etc. I went to a lot of shops, but I never felt like a bride until I went here. We ordered our tuxes through them as well as our bridesmaid dresses. Popcorn Bar (it was our favor) Del's Popcorn Shop- Decatur,Il A- Del's is such a staple for us locals! My only complaints are these: 1.) they won't give you a discount unless you're ordering enough popcorn for 500 people. 2.) The party bags we received were smaller than the ones on display in the store. We oredered 3 party bags and a 1/2 party bag for a little over 100 guests. It was gone in no time! It was such a huge hit though, everyone loved it. Day of Hair Erica Alford at Unique Boutique- Mt. Zion, Il A+ Erica is great! I had sooo many compliments on my hair. She is awesome. I think this is all! lol. If I think of anyone I forgot I'll post. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you liked Nate & Karen! They were our wedding photogs and they are absolutely amazing. I cannot speak highly enough of them.
    I like privacy. A lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards