Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Antique Car

We would like to hire an antique car to drive my fiance and I from our ceremony (in Carlisle) to our reception (in Hershey). Does anyone know of a company or individual that might be available?

Re: Antique Car

• Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw there was just a car show in Columbia. You would've found what you're looking for. I think Hershey has a car show as well over the summer. You might want to check that out.

Also you might want to call/check out that Antique Auto Museum in Hershey.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The car show in Hershey isn't until October. I would check with the Antique Auto Museum!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked into an antique car awhile back and came up with some interesting info. Unless you know someone with the car or find a company that rents anique cars in their packages, it can be hard to get one. Apparently there are issues with the insurance when it comes to the owner transporting people for a wedding and if they get paid. If they get paid, there's a problem. If it is free, it is fine. I know it also has something to do with the type of insurance, if it is antique auto insurance or not. They cant use the car as a business(to earn $) with antique insurance. I didnt quite understand all the ins and outs but I was on AACA website and saw a lot of people looking for cars for weddings.

They have messageboards and many people kept asking about renting or borrowing one and people always seemed to have the same remarks.  Best of luck in getting one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked ALL OVER THE PLACE for an antique car (preferably rolls royce) to drive us. Unfortunately, I came up with nothing and ended up hiring a regular limousine. Definitely check with the AACA Museum in Hershey though. Or, find a friend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards