Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Photographer Needed

Help! I need a photographer for my wedding.  The venue is in the Gettysburg area- so the photographer needs to be willing to travel there.  I like a modern, photojournalistic style.  Budget of about $1500-
p.s. Solas is booked on my date (9/17/11)

Thanks!

Re: Photographer Needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry-- I was just going to recommend Solas... I'm no help now!
  • Options
    cmng2703cmng2703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our Photographer is Frank King Photography which is located in Dover. He does travel so I would think that he would be willing to travel to your wedding location. We just had our engagement shoot with him recently and the pictures came out amazing!! His prices are great, and the quality is wonderful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my photographer no longer is in the area so im not help, but one comment on Frank King. they do do really good work, however they have several photographers so just make sure that you look at all of the albums for each photographer and specify who you want for your wedding. i know of several people who have been disappointed because the product they got was far different from the albums they viewed because it wasnt the same photographer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a REALLY good deal from Frank King at a bridal show recently. Their "regular" prices are a little high but my package ended up being the best deal I've seen in the area, even from amateur photographers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Erin Keough. She's in Lancaster/York but she travels from Philly to Baltimore so she'd more than likely do it.
    http://www.erinkeough.com/
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP... Frank King will do 1/2 off their package price if you book them at a wedding expo on the spot, and they're going to be at the January 9, 2011 bridal show!
  • Options
    AAL2011AAL2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would HIGHLY recommend, R. Lawrence (Bob) out of Spring Grove. He has a FANTASTIC personality, wanting to have fun and laugh. In each of his packages, he includes a 30 min indoor engagement session as well on your wedding day will have another photographer and an assistant with him to capture everything!!
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge Photobucket
  • Options
    aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Melissa McClain photography for my wedding in 2012.  I really liked their style of photography and work.  Melissa and Jason seem friendly and professional at the same time.  Also, they come as a husband wife team so you get two professional photographers to capture the day.  Their prices are VERY reasonable, too.
  • Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm checking out Amanda Yoko White (ayokophoto.com). She's been a 2nd shooter and photography assistant for several years and has just recently decided to pursue her own photography business. My friend booked her for her wedding in June and she loves her! I contacted her to discuss a customized package and her prices are awesome! For $1,325 I'm getting: a wedding album, one parent album, e-session with prints, up to 8 hrs of photography, full CD of our edited pictures with copy right release and a few prints of our wedding pictures. (We didn't want a lot of prints since we'll be able to print them where ever we want). You can also add a second photographer for an extra $50/hour. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rachel Bee Porter is who we are going with.
    She's really great.
    She's originally from the Williamsport Area, but she's goign to school somewhere else in the state (I'm not sure where.)
    I would check her out.
    She's great and only $1200.
    The things we like about her are
    • The price
    • She shoots for however long you want (she doesn't keep track of hours)
    • She shoots unlimited pictures
    • She gives you all of the pictures on a CD that and gives you the printing rights so you can print them wherever and whenever you want
    • She's really friendly and willing to work with the couple.
    Good luck on finding a photographer!
    = )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just realized that I forgot the link, sorry.
    She also does e-pics for $200
    www.rachelbeeporterweddings.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards