Pennsylvania-Central
Options

vendor reviews- Lancaster area

Reception- Shady Maple Banquet Center- A
They were really friendly and made me feel that I was a priority to them.  The food was excellent and the staff were friendly and made conversation with us throughout the night.  The ambiance was set just right, and they did a fabulous job of setting up all the little details like our centerpieces and display tables.  Decorating was minimal, but it didn't need to be elaborate since their facility is beautiful in the first place.  The only point that could be a turn off for some is that they do not allow alcohol.  This was not a problem for us, but may be for others.  One huge part that really helps out is that your wedding cake is included in your price for the reception.  They really give a good price for all that is included!

Photographers- The Susquehanna Photographic- A
Allison and Philip were very easy to work with and paid attention to all of our wants and needs.  They were very good with sticking to our tight time schedule to make sure we arrived at our reception just in time.  Their style of photography has an edgy twist which we liked and they had some really cute ideas for fun photos.  Their time frame for getting us our pictures is really fast.  We haven't gotten our pictures yet, but are very excited to see how they turn out!

DJ- Dynamic Rockers DJ- B+
We went with the Package B DJ, which was a DJ with not as much experience as some others.  With that said, he still did a fabulous job!  There were some points in the night where it was awkward, since he had to come to us to check on something, but he kept the music going all night.  He played a good variety of music and took requests from our guests.  He was fun and energetic and really made it a point to stick to our worksheet that we had submitted before. 

Flowers- Petals and Beans- A+
Stacia was very easy to work with.  She gave a great consultation and gave me a great price for what I was looking for.  The flowers were absolutely gorgeous and the toss bouquet looked almost like a full bridesmaids bouquet!  She made our cake topper as well, which matched our cake so nicely.  I've heard others say that sometimes she is hard to get a hold of, but I had no problems with that and got great, fast service for all of my questions and concerns.

Dress- Weddings by Paulette- B
I didn't think they had a great selection of gowns when I went there, and was just about to give up when the consultant I was working with pulled a dress from the clearance section that I had missed.  This was THE dress!!!  The clerks/consultants at the front could be a little friendlier, but i was just happy that I found a wedding dress for a great price!  The seamstress that I worked with there had me do 4 dress fittings (which I thought was a little excessive), but all my alterations came out perfect in the end.

Tuxedos- Formal Affairs- A-
The guy at the shop was very helpful with everything that we needed to get.  We went back a few times to rethink the style of tux we wanted and was super friendly and willing to help us envision the style and how everything would look put together.  Just looking at the counter, it was a little messy and looked disorganized, but that didn't seem to effect his service.

Hope this helps!!!

Re: vendor reviews- Lancaster area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    RECEPTION: Willow Valley/DoubleTree, Lancaster, PA

Simply gorgeous!!! The food was excellent and plenty.  The venue was extremely cooperative with my theme and ideas and met everyone of my needs!  They cater to each bride and made me feel special.  I used their Chapel and my day got started without a hitch!  

FLOWERS: Petals with Style- Stacia, Lancaster, PA

DIDDO on Stacia.  My bouquet was (24) red roses and (10) stephanosis ALL WITH THEIR OWN PEARLS.  Even our photographer commented on how beautiful it was and how professional and heavy my bouquet was.  I am using SKH to dry and frame my flowers. I only purchased min flowers as my venue had their own decorations. My bouquet, throw-away bouquet, matron's bouquet, etc....the cost was reasonable. 

PHOTOGRAPHERS: CCE Photos, York, PA

Kitty and Carrah were GREAT!  They arrived (45) minutes before I did to survey the land and get an idea of great pics.  I have not received my photos yet but my turn around time (3) weeks. I did gey my first email pic in less than (24) hours after the event! NICE......They were professional, easy to work with and even my guests enjoyed them; especially my in-laws!!!  My FIL said that he felt that she was a great pic and could not stop commenting on her professionalism. I purchased the Top package with a canvas and a storybook DVD of my wedding.

CHAPEL MUSIC: Willow Valley, Audio Tech-Steve Dilley, Lancaster, PA

Willow Valley has their own audio tech and he was great!!!  We used an Ipod for our music but he cued it beautifully!!!

DJ/RECEPTION MUSIC: DJ Chris Perry- Lancaster, PA

FABULOUS!!!  We met with him twice and planned music around the event and the age of our guests.  He met us one night at 9pm because that is when our schedules had a break.  Fifty-percent of our guests asked for a jazz CD from the music he played while they enjoyed appetizers and dinner. He worked well with my guests and our photographer.  Wonderful!!! People raved about how much fun they had and the "great mix" of music.

DRESSES: David's Bridal, York, PA  and Alfred Angelo's, Lancaster, PA

Although I LOVED my (2) gowns and my Matron of Honor's (2) dresses (that right, we had a complete dress and tux change for the entire party!) service was sub-par.  They were not attentive or appreciative that you chose them over any other bridal shop.  I did complain about Alfred Angelo's and when I arrived to pick us the dresses, EVRYONE WAS NEW!!!  So I guess I may have made it better for the next bride.....Smile PS-The District Manager of Alfred Angelo's mentioned that she had had SEVERAL COMPLAINS ON THAT TEAM.....

TUXS: Capitol Tuxedo's, Lancaster, PA

Our rep was Joey whom I had a previous professional relationship.  Because I was so indecisive in the beginning, we met with (6) times over the year!!  But the men were handsome and when hubby and best man decided that they wanted to also do a dress change the Thursday before the wedding....they came through without any problems!!!!  And no additional cost!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards