Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Ceremony location

Hello everyone! My fiancé and I are looking for a ceremony location around the Lancaster area. We have already found a reception location and had considered having the ceremony there as well but don't like the feel of the ceremony there. Does anyone have suggestions for a ceremony location? parks chapels etc?

Re: Ceremony location

• Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of venues now around this area want you to do both the ceremony and reception in the same spot.
    Some areas that I could think off the top of my head that doesn't require the reception at the premises:

- Pheasant Run Farm in Lancaster
    - Long's Park in Lancaster
    - The Duke Farm in Lancaster

* Your best bet might be a church since a lot of places require both ceremony and reception at their faciliites.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A lot of the churches in downtown Lancaster have websites. :)  Some with info on renting the church.  We went with First Church of God on the corner of Charlotte and Chestnut (west side of town).  It was beautiful and the parking was great.  Our first choice was First United Methodist which is on the corner of Duke and Walnut (I think).  They were really expensive, so we decided on First Church of God.  :) 

These are the only pics I have at work that I can show you what the church looks like.  :)

Hope this helps!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LilMama827LilMama827 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lititz park is really nice
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are interested in an outdoor ceremony I would recommend looking for a Bed and Breakfast.  I was in the same situation and I found an amazing B&B that has a garden outside and our inside option is this beautiful dining room.  The house has an amazing staircase to take pictures on and the owner is super friendly.  PM me and I'll give you her name if you are interested!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards