Pennsylvania-Central

Cake/Baker recommendations

Hello! I'm looking for recommendations for someone to do a groom's cake. I am from the Harrisburg area but will be getting married in Lancaster. We have a wedding cake through our venue but I am looking to surprise my groom with a cake at our rehearsal luncheon.

The cake would need to feed about 45 people. It is going to be baseball themed(Shaped like a baseball, jersey of his favorite team, home plate, etc). I'm not looking to spend a TON. I am hoping to find someone here in the Harrisburg area (and bring the cake down with us the weekend of the wedding).

Re: Cake/Baker recommendations

• Bella Manse. She is based in the Lancaster area (Millersville) and her cakes are amazingly beautiful. She is doing our wedding cake. Go to www.bellamanse.com she has tons of pics!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I adore Jasmine of Couture Cakery in Camp Hill.  We've worked with her multiple times and always gorgeous creations and oh so tasty!
  • The Cake Creators. Patty is amazing. They are based out of Lancaster.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • Elaina1012Elaina1012 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    This is where Im getting my wedding cake from..very reasonable prices-She is in Harrisburg

http://www.facebook.com/CakesforanyEvent
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second Jasmine at The Couture Cakery! She's been so great to work with!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using the House of Clarendon in Lancaster City. Martine is amazing and is also the host of the WGAL's Dream Wedding Show. He also was on one of those TLC cake shows as a guest.
    You won't be disappointed with the taste or the decorations of the cake. He caters to whatever you want and he probably would love to take on the challenge of your baseball themed cake.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I love Jasmine of Couture Cakery work and have to say House of Clarendon is pretty amazing too
  • alixe from the flour child bakery in columbia! shes great to work with and very reasonable priceing!
  • We used Bella Manse for our wedding and we were super pleased! The taste of Renee's cakes are just fantastic. She's so easy to work with, reasonably priced, and super talented.  She thanked us for our business, which to me meant quite a lot. We've used her for special event cakes since such as my DH's bday cake and my friend's baby shower cake. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We also used Bellamanse for our upcoming wedding!!!  Renee is WONDERFUL!!!!!  I can't say enough about how easy she has been to work with.  We had a strict budget and she was impressed that we really wanted to stick with what we had set aside as far as funds were concerned.  She worked very hard to give us a cake that we loved in the budget that we had.
  • SHALYNNMARIESHALYNNMARIE member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    i second house of clarendon! hes doing our wedding cake and its going to be AMAZING..i had him do a 60th bday cake for my FI mother 2 years ago and people STILL talk- as a matter of fact it was Requested that we get our cake from them for the wedding
    hes doing a AWESOME theme grooms cake for me as a total surprise to my Fi... they are the best!

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards