Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Video so darn expensive

It seems like wedding video prices are outrageous! Half of them cost more than my photographer! I've been looking around for almost 6 months now and can't find a decent videographer under $1000. Does anyone know a decent quality videographer with a package around $700? We want someone that will do the getting ready, ceremony, and some of the reception (doesn't have to be full reception coverage). Please only that are shot in HD..lets be real if they don't use HD in this day in age, they shouldn't be in business. Also ones that are on vimeo are a bonus.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Video so darn expensive

• Options
    I don't know pricing at all but I recommend Cinemoxie, Media Boomtown, and Sugar Leaf Films.  I think Sugar Leaf is a bit more on the pricy side though.  I believe, and don't quote me on this one, but videographers are usually more costly than or just as costly as a good photographer for a few reasons.. they usually take fewer events during the year than a photog due to the editing time needed, they're equipment is usually pretty hefty in costs, and they do a heck of a lot of editing.  Just my two cents.
  • Options
    I know Natalie of Birdhouse Productions is in HD and on Vimeo.  She was booked on our date, but I'd definitely check her out!!
  • Options
    We are going through our DJ. It will only cost 700. You can get that price even if you use a different DJ. Call Rick Bean of B B Sound and Light. He is out of Reading, PA but he can help you. :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    What ever you do dont go with Deswert Productions.  He is around 1000 for his services.. We hired him for our wedding, and the day of our wedding they didnt get our names right,  Its been over 6 months and hes broken many promises of getting our videos to us.  He dissappeared off the face of the earth, and then when I threatened him with a lawyer, he said he had personal problems he was dealing with.  :(  I am hoping our video isnt affected by his unprofessionalism.   I have heard of the Bird house productions and sugarleaf.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Quality Film/Service usually comes with a price tag - Shutterbug is right .... if the a videographer is more expensive it is most definitely because they do fewer events during the year than a photog due to the editing time needed and they usually have a faster turnaround time then the ones below $1000. Also, their equipment is pretty hefty in costs, and they do a heck of a lot of editing.
  • Options
    We used Brad Carlson for our wedding video and he was wonderful throughout the entire process. It's great to relive our video because we have had some family members pass away and it is great so reflect back and remember them along with all of the other memories throughout the day. www.bcproductionsentertainment.com
  • Options
    Second recommendation for BC Productions Entertainment. Brad was great back in 2006 for our wedding and a lot of my friends have used him since where I work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards