Illinois

Any Bloomington, IL brides out there?

Hi everyone! I'm newly engaged and live in Bloomington, Il. We have just started the first few details of our wedding. Basically we chose the date and that's all so far! I'd love to know if there are any other Bloomington, Il brides or central Illinois brides out there.

Re: Any Bloomington, IL brides out there?

• I'm in central IL, though I got married in northern IL since that's where I'm from. Congrats on your engagement :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I'm a Bloomington bride! We're getting married June 29th at Christ Lutheran in Normal and our reception is at the Lafayette Club in Bloomington. Glad to meet a fellow B-N bride!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats.. Just got engaged on saturday. Still trying to set a date but right now looking for a few places to get married and have a reception. Any Ideas?

• In Response to Re: Any Bloomington, IL brides out there?:
    Congrats ladies! I just got engaged on Christmas and have been researching vendors and such in the B-N area. We are getting married at my parents' house so really I just need the vendors and not the location. Maybe we can collaborate and share ideas and research on vendors that we find?
  • Hi and congrats all! I recently got engaged as well (12/07). I'm interested in any ideas you may have. We are currently trying to decide between getting married here or having a destination wedding.
  • I'd be happy to help you ladies with any questions you have- I've been planning my wedding since we got engaged in December of 2011 and with it being in June, I'm in the final stages now. I know I did a TON of research and am so happy I did because I love all of the vendors we are using. I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_any-bloomington-il-brides-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:617Discussion:5a251b89-09c1-4eeb-8ea4-f5c1ea6c4a3cPost:537f7a84-0420-40f2-bf86-bc1db7b19391">Re: Any Bloomington, IL brides out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be happy to help you ladies with any questions you have- I've been planning my wedding since we got engaged in December of 2011 and with it being in June, I'm in the final stages now. I know I did a TON of research and am so happy I did because I love all of the vendors we are using. I can't wait!
    Posted by AllieS421[/QUOTE]

HI All!!!
    I got engaged on Dec 30 and am having an August 31 wedding. Getting married in Pontiac and reception in Fairbury.  Struggling with trying to find bridal shops that have dresses in a plus size. Any suggestions would be great!  I have been in 10 local weddings over the years so feel free to ask/share anything.

Thanks,
  • Thank you so much for offering your help. We still want to have the wedding at my parent's house, but are thinking it may not be feasible any more. Any recommendations on venues that are modernish, laid-back and have an outdoor space? Congrats on your wedding being so close!
  • Congrats! I think David's Bridal carries plus size gowns at a reasonable price. There's one in Champaign and one in Peoria.
  • Girls! I just got my dress yesterday at Bridal Elegance in Ottawa! Can't say enough about this place. It was so nice to see 2 huge rooms full of plus size samples.  They were not pushy, very helpful and so nice.  Just loved it. 

To Futremrsba: Lake Bloomington Lodge is great for small wedding. Friends got married there years ago, was gorgeous, inexpensive and just perfect. Funks Grove. Timbre Pointe.  Miller Park.  Lots of places depening on size. 

Also....if you are looking for a great reception venue that is not a hotel in Blo/No....The Walton Centre in Fairbury.  Gorgeous.  Was an old department store that has been renovated.  Huge curved staircase, hard wood floors, lots of character. And about half the price of any place else!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_any-bloomington-il-brides-out-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:617Discussion:5a251b89-09c1-4eeb-8ea4-f5c1ea6c4a3cPost:c0d060b9-7e4f-48a4-96a8-6aef280a5595">Re: Any Bloomington, IL brides out there?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you so much for offering your help. We still want to have the wedding at my parent's house, but are thinking it may not be feasible any more. Any recommendations on venues that are modernish, laid-back and have an outdoor space? Congrats on your wedding being so close!
    Posted by futuremrsba[/QUOTE]

I second Lake Bloomington and Funk's Grove- though I haven't been to weddings at either of those places, the pictures I've seen are gorgeous!

You might also check out Miller Park. They have a really pretty pavillion that they use for special events and the park is lit up very nicely at night. Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a Bloomington-Normal bride! Getting married next July with the reception at the Marriott in Normal! Super excited! Just one comment on the Walton Centre in Fairbury--My cousin had his reception there in July last year and it was very pretty, but VERY HOT. The downstairs was completely cool while the upstairs (where we ate and danced) was hot, humid, and unpleasant. Hopefully, they've fixed this issue. Just something to keep in mind though!

We're having our rehearsal dinner at Medici's in Uptown Normal. They have a great upstairs room with outdoor space. Its awesome! I'd love to have the reception there, but they can only accommodate about 160 people.

Congrats to all!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards