Illinois

bachelorette party ideas/suggestions (peoria, illinois)

Hello Fellow Knoties,

So my best friend is getting married in April, 2012...I know, I'm late but I've been in this exact rut for a minute, please bare with me. Myself and one of our mutual friends is planning co-planning the parties with her...but we're stuck as to what to include. And Google, as much as I love it, is not being as helpful as I would want. And though I love her, bride is...yeah, I will leave it at that. 

Now, we're down for whatever, but (this is especially important if readers are from Peoria, IL/surrounding as well) we want this to be as budget-friendly as possible in terms of what we do/where we go. (the whole wedding shindig is coming out of our pockets.) We also have a minor in the party, so we want to include her, but alcohol has to definitely be kept to a minimum for the rest of us, if at all. This is if we decide on going out to dinner or something.

Another option that's sort of come up is the basically have a pot-luck/gifts type or party where the bridal party provides the food and do like a movie/games thing...or pot-luck/gifts and dress up and go bowling...something really fun but low-key/everyone can be involved.

What I need to know though is things to keep the party going (games, food ideas, personal suggetions, suggestions on resources, ideas of where to go and such, etc?!).

All advices and words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated.

Re: bachelorette party ideas/suggestions (peoria, illinois)

• edited December 2011
    Hello Fellow Knoties,

So my best friend is getting married in April, 2012...I know, I'm late but I've been in this exact rut for a minute, please bare with me. Myself and one of our mutual friends is planning co-planning the parties with her...but we're stuck as to what to include. And Google, as much as I love it, is not being as helpful as I would want. And though I love her, bride is...yeah, I will leave it at that. 

Now, we're down for whatever, but (this is especially important if readers are from Peoria, IL/surrounding as well) we want this to be as budget-friendly as possible in terms of what we do/where we go. (the whole wedding shindig is coming out of our pockets.) We also have a minor in the party, so we want to include her, but alcohol has to definitely be kept to a minimum for the rest of us, if at all. This is if we decide on going out to dinner or something.

Another option that's sort of come up is the basically have a pot-luck/gifts type or party where the bridal party provides the food and do like a movie/games thing...or pot-luck/gifts and dress up and go bowling...something really fun but low-key/everyone can be involved.

What I need to know though is things to keep the party going (games, food ideas, personal suggetions, suggestions on resources, ideas of where to go and such, etc?!).

All advices and words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for specific places to have the bp, you will get more information from brides that live in your area. Post your question on 'Local Wedding Boards'

<<<<<<--------------------follow the arrows : )

A pot luck is acceptable, since gifts are not usually expected at BPs, or so I thought. Call each of the BMs and ask them if and what they would like to contribute to the party. Movie night and bowling are great ideas, too. As long as you let all contributors help with the planning, you should do fine.

It sounds like you are off to a great start. Have fun.

• ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm confused, what exactly are you late for?

• I'm a little late to this but if you still need ideas for Peoria....

If you want something people under 21 can also participate in, you might go to Jillian's. However, I would NOT recommend eating dinner here b/c I think their food sucks. It's kind of like a Dave and Buster's. They have a neat bowling area with food and beverage service right at your lane, so those who are old enough could drink if they wanted to. They also have a good-sized arcade.

April might still be a little chilly, but the riverfront area is a lot of fun. Lots of times on weekends, they have outdoor concerts down there (although sometimes I think it's 21 and over. Not sure though).

They also have riverboat cruises on the IL River (any age) that are fun. Sometimes they have themed ones. And they do serve alcohol for those who want to drink. Check out the Spirit of Peoria online for schedules.

Again, April might be chilly but that is the beginning of the Peoria Chiefs season. The stadium here is new and really nice and clean. THey even upgraded their food last year. I think you can get group discounts, but even if not, tickets are only $10/person. The games are fun and on some Saturdays they even do a fireworks show afterwards which rivals many cities' 4th of July displays.

For food: Osaka is a fun hibachi restaurant. A little pricier, but a neat atmosphere for groups. Kelleher's Pub on the riverfront is also fun and they have lots of good food (and yes, under 21 can get in).

PM me if you want more ideas!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards