Pennsylvania-Central

Lancaster, PA Hotels?

hi all,
     I have a lot of out of towners (potentially)  coming in for my wedding in November. I'm looking to get a hotel block of rooms reserved but wanted to see if anyone had any particular ones that had worked out well for them. I've heard some offer free or cheap shuttle services (which would be great due to an open bar) or a room for the bride and groom for cheap or babysitting (our wedding is 18 and up so some out of towners who bring kids will need childcare). I didn't even realize hotels did this until recently and wanted to see if anyone had some "inside" info on best local deals? Moderate price range please.

Re: Lancaster, PA Hotels?

• We had a block at the Eden Resort and then the Mainstay Suites. The Eden definitely had more "perks" but it's a much more expensive hotel, for the area. I think rooms were about 150, vs 80 at Mainstay. The Mainstay didn't provide anything. But you can definitely negotiate with the Eden, depending on how many rooms you are blocking. We got the nicest suite in the hotel for free for one night, and we had 15 rooms Blocked, plus we hosted breakfast the morning after for 50 people.
  • This is kind of late, but I used to work at the Hampton Inn in Lancaster, and they do rates for wedding groups, free shuttles and they will let you use their banquet room for free after the wedding for an after party if no one has paid to rent it already. Hope this helps!
  • I have a block at the Hampton w/ the perks @kmhofler notes....though some only kick in (per my contract at least) if you hit a certain number of rooms.  They also included a room for the bride & groom....they agreed to let us use that room the night before our brunch wedding (our venue, the Inn at Leola, includes a lovely bridal suite), I think FI may end up using the room for that night.  They gave us a $140 rate...no idea what they are regularly.  My contact is Monica Gatens.. Monica.Gatens@hilton.com.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards