Pennsylvania-Central

Need a State College DJ STAT!

So I've procrastinated and am needing a DJ for my July 16 reception at Toftrees in State College. My FI and I are PSU alumni that worked at Cafe 210. I'm Jamaican and his family is from Lancaster. We like to party and are having a full open bar. We are looking for someone who can play reggae music and whatever else is popular. No typical wedding music! The theme is a party to end all parties...until the after party! If you have a recommendation that's not Local Motion DJ's (too cheesy) please let me know. Thanks!

Re: Need a State College DJ STAT!

• edited December 2011
    I'm sure there are plenty of people around or on campus who can do that kind of thing; advertise more over that way. 

I'm having my reception at Toftrees in August! Good luck! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • althea1016althea1016 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks...I live in NYC so its hard for me to get to State College and probably won't be back until the end of May. I was hoping for a referral so I wouldn't have to rely on craigslist or something.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Larry Moore, and he's been great.  He came highly recommended from my photographer, and I've known his family for quite a while.  His website is www.LarryMooreProductions.com Also, Richard Wylie is a classical guitarist and DJ with a great personality (he was already booked on the day of my wedding or else I'd be using him).  He can play guitar during cocktail hour and/or dinner and then DJ the rest of the night.  Richard's number is 814-237-3315.  Tell him Meredith sent you!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

My name is Alex and I'm the lead DJ and General Manager for Local Motion Entertainment. While I'm not here to advertise or solicit business I do want to dispute the "cheesy" comment. My team and myself pride ourselves on defying the stereotypical "cheesy" wedding DJ and in recent years have reinvented our approach to weddings. The client is king and we are incredibly versatile. Feel free to email me or private message me anytime. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards