Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Lititz PA Help!

Has anyone on here either had their wedding or attended someone elses at the General Sutter Inn in Lititz? 

Once I found out they allow weddings, my heart was set. The Bulls Head Public House (the bar/resturant attached to the Inn) was the location of me and my fiance's first date, and where I would love to host our reception. I'm just curious as to how the location is, how the owners are, and how much it costs....and would love any pictures if anyone has them!

Also, on that note, does anyone know of any places around Lititz that are outdoors to hold the ceremony at?

Thanks for the help!!

Re: Lititz PA Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea about prices for the General Sutter, but I do know the Bulls Head well... we were actually there while a reception was going on in the General Sutter!  Beautiful place!   Although I can't help you with that, I know you can hold your wedding over in Lititz Springs Park :)
  • Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the idea of having the ceremony at Lititz Springs Park!  I attended a tented reception there, but a ceremony there would be beautiful!

I've been at two small receptions at the General Sutter- very nice-and good food. They put the wedding cake on a buffet with a mirror on the wall behind it- a beautiful way to show off a cake!

Parking is the only issue.  We've gone there several times for their Sunday Brunch and parking was always an issue.

You will just have to google General Sutter or just call them for prices, etc.
  • Options
    enchantedellaenchantedella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lititz Spring Park was definitely one of the thoughts I had for the ceremony, but I wasn't sure if that was the only one.

I'm hoping the Inn isn't TOO expensive because it would mean so much to have our reception there. I know the parking sucks, but I was thinking we might be able to have a shuttle from the hotel where all of our out of towners will be staying take everyone to the ceremony & then have it running back and forth throughout the reception.
  • Options
    LilMama827LilMama827 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Sutter is nice as well as the park the park has wonderful picture spots !

Not sure on pricing but parking wise isnt there a small lot behind the bank area across the way ?  the elementary school is behind that area as well and you could possibly park there it's used on sundays for a church lot ... not sure about Sat. but it's within walking distance
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Over at the park just down the street( Lititz Spring) there is parking right behind the park. You might work out a deal if you "rent the park" for the ceremony to also have parking priviledges for your reception. General Sutter is an short easy walk from the park . The duck pond with the rock wall is absolutely FABULOUS for picture taking at the park.
  • Options
    rm1259rm1259 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My rehearsal dinner is actually taking place at General Sutter Inn:) At first I looked at having my wedding there, but our guest list was way too big for their venue. But it is really pretty, and I'm looking forward to trying the food! As for parking, the owner told us we can park at the elementary school down the street and walk over, so that could work for you.
  • Options
    I'd like to have my ceremony at Lititz Springs Park, and then the reception at General Sutter outside on the patio.

Can anyone provide feedback on this idea?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards