Pennsylvania-Central

catering

Hi i'm looking into catering any ideas? the place we are getting married at likes hess bbq any one know anything about them or any others in lacaster?

Re: catering

• edited December 2011
    Hess's is pretty delicious! Not sure of any others in Lancaster but Big Bob's BBQ in York is another good one and so is Southern Country Catering out of Red Lion, in case you need other options.
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into Hess BBQ and was not impressed.   First off, September is a big competition month for them so they are doing those every weekend!  The guy that I talked to made a point of telling me that they were really busy around that time...  Second, we are doing a seated meal and they said they weren't well equipped to handel that!! 

We also checked out Enck's catering and Rettew catering who are both in Lancaster and were very impressed with both of them!!

Hope this helps!!
    Suzy
  • edited December 2011
    One that I have heard about is Sir D's.  I have heard they are fantastic...however I never used them.  It's worth a shot!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I have worked with Rettews recently and they were amazing!!! Encks has really gone down hill in the last couple of years....that's why I decided to go with Rettews for my company breakfast this year. They were flexible and worked within our budget.
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i am also looking into hess's, i have never had any of their catered meals but they have a food stand at roots and i have had the food there which is very good (bbq sandwiches etc). a friend had encks as her caterer for her rehearsal dinner- the food was fine, not out of this world but good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards