Illinois

wedding venue (Country Squire in Grayslake) just closed!

2»

Re: wedding venue (Country Squire in Grayslake) just closed!

• i've contacted the Daily Herald and am speaking with Bob, who has done a few articles already on the closing of CS.  At this point I'd like to go public with how unethical this whole situation has been handled especially the not refunding us our deposits in a timely manner, nor a letter or something stating what had happened.   Gus Govas (the owner) stated in a newspaper article that we would all be refunded within 15 days.  That was in early January... This new article would also be how they  accepted our money up until the day or two before closing down. 
    I have spoken to Karen numerous times, too many to count and still the run around about getting the deposit back, the newest thing is that the person who is authorized to sign the check isn't in town (Gus...)

I'm super disgusted and disgruntled... If these people ever want to open another facility I want the public to know they are scumbags and to not support them. 

It's public knowledge that this was a real estate transaction, sold to the hospital... it didn't happen overnight.  They have the money. 

Is there anyone else out there who would like to be included, I would love it if a few of us could share our experiences!  If you are interested, respond with your email- Bob wants to start interviewing us on Tuesday of this week! 

Kerri
  • My fiance and I booked Country Squire for August 10th this year. I was devestated to find out, via the newspaper, about the closing. We were so fortunate to book with a different hall just a few days after finding out the news. Midlane Golf Resort in Wadsworth, IL...they have been nothing but wonderful to us, especially under the circumstances. I would definitely recommend checking them out for your reception venue.
  • as of today, Gus is still out of town...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards