Pennsylvania-Central

Wedding in the York area.

I am fairly new to this area, and new to this planning a wedding idea. I am searching for a venue that is elegant however reasonably priced. I would like for the venue to be in or around the York area and I am looking at around 125 guest. Thank you in advance.

Re: Wedding in the York area.

• York Heritage Trust for all indoors and Shady Lane for the more rural feel are my two choices:)
  • I would suggest the Yorktowne Hotel in York. I'm having my wedding in June there.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_wedding-in-the-york-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:d66344fc-d364-4f65-83ab-0b68e9fc26c3Post:5fe6af25-6990-45f2-89eb-087fa87679a8">Wedding in the York area.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am fairly new to this area, and new to this planning a wedding idea. I am searching for a venue that is elegant however reasonably priced. I would like for the venue to be in or around the York area and I am looking at around 125 guest. Thank you in advance.
    Posted by SarahHyde90[/QUOTE]
  • This all depends on your price, dear. Yorktowne Hotel sounds great, but was out of my price range. The York Heritage Trust museum is about $1,000 to $1,500 to rent (not including food) but that is a reasonable price. It was gorgeous, and your guests can tour the museum during the ceremony! 
  • I really wanted Shady Lane but it cost 4000 to 4500 just for the rental, which is what some other places in the area cost including catering. Royal Manchester is pretty reasonably priced for the reception but I thought the ceremony fee was a little steep. We've looked at probably every venue in the area (ODCC, Shady Lane, York Heritage, Heritage Hills, Yorktowne, Central Market, Marketview Art Gallery, Stone Mill Inn, John Wright Restaurant, etc), so if you have any questions let me know!
  • clg1213clg1213 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We toured Royal Manchester and liked it, even thoughit wasn't the right option for us in the end.  A random note that I thought was cute was that doing weddings was part of their town mayor's job so (if you aren't looking for a religious ceremony), there's an easy (and free) officiant option. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards