Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Another introduction...

Hi everyone, I just got engaged saturday (christmas) havent even begun to plan anything but though this is probably the place to be when I am in need of some advice.

I am from York, born and raised- went to school in Pittsburgh- moved back here and met my now FI Lemuel who is also from York. We are getting married fall 2012 on my aunt and uncles farm, but that is about as far as the planning has gone so far. We are just enjoying our selves for a while before we start to worry about things.

I am going to a bridal expo in harrisburgh on 2/20. just heard about it from a friend who works for Davids Bridal.. anyone else from the area going to be there?
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Another introduction...

• Options
    redtails22redtails22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats! I'm not sure about the expo in harrisburg but there is one on January 9th at the york expo center. FI and I are going to that one. You might want to check that one out since you are in york too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah I hadnt even heard about it. I will have to look into that one too, I actually work about 3 minutes from the expo center. Thank you!
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Options
    cmng2703cmng2703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! and welcome! It it such an exciting and fun time!

I am from York as well and also heard about the Bridal Show at the Expo Center on the 9th. I heard that it is supposed to be a pretty good one.

Let me know if you need any help/vendor recommendations whenever you decide to begin your planning!
  • Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats! I'll be at the Bridal Expo in York on Jan 9! My FI's uncle just got engaged, so I'm taking his soon to be aunt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats... Is your fiance a Burke?  Weird question, I know, but that's the only Lemuel that I know from York.  Anyway, congrats and happy planning!  Let us know if you have any questions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_another-introduction?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:da3ee271-a397-49a2-98d2-4008a71e4abfPost:110cec34-d7ba-41aa-98b9-02d0b41d0aaf">Re: Another introduction...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome and congrats... Is your fiance a Burke?  Weird question, I know, but that's the only Lemuel that I know from York.  Anyway, congrats and happy planning!  Let us know if you have any questions!
    Posted by mb2712[/QUOTE]

Haha yes it is Lemuel Burke! Did you go to West York?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I went to school with Jonah... it's a small world :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_another-introduction?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:da3ee271-a397-49a2-98d2-4008a71e4abfPost:b1513b1f-75eb-469f-8791-a5519dd808ff">Re: Another introduction...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I went to school with Jonah... it's a small world :-)
    Posted by mb2712[/QUOTE]

Very haha, Jonah is in town this week- we havnt seen him since August he is going to med school in Erie now and doesnt get much time to come home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards