Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Bakers/Florists in Altoona, PA area?!

Hi everyone! : )

I am getting married in Altoona next July, and I've already booked the church, reception venue (Ramada), DJs (Ron and Joanne Sassano), photographer (Nick Finochio), photo booth (Ray Kauffman Photography), and videographer (Moore Video Productions). 

Now we're in the market for a cake baker and a florist. Anyone have any suggestions? We're having the wedding in Altoona because I wanted to get married in the church where I grew up/my parents were married, but we live about 1 1/2 hours away in Chambersburg. So I am looking for vendors who are easy to work with in addition to excellent production. If anyone from the Altoona/Hollidaysburg/Bellwood/Tyrone area has any suggestions, please let me know! Thank you!
KT

Re: Bakers/Florists in Altoona, PA area?!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_bakersflorists-in-altoona-pa-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:e1612dd7-eb5d-4c3a-aa86-dc5161a1383dPost:455b3562-8e21-4621-835a-8930cc222a52">Bakers/Florists in Altoona, PA area?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! : ) I am getting married in Altoona next July, and I've already booked the church, reception venue (Ramada), DJs (Ron and Joanne Sassano), photographer (Nick Finochio), photo booth (Ray Kauffman Photography), and videographer (Moore Video Productions).  Now we're in the market for a cake baker and a florist. Anyone have any suggestions? We're having the wedding in Altoona because I wanted to get married in the church where I grew up/my parents were married, but we live about 1 1/2 hours away in Chambersburg. So I am looking for vendors who are easy to work with in addition to excellent production. If anyone from the Altoona/Hollidaysburg/Bellwood/Tyrone area has any suggestions, please let me know! Thank you! KT
    Posted by KristinT814[/QUOTE]

I have used Nancy's Florist in Altoona.... only for funeral floral arrangements:(  But they were always extremely helpful and very concientious.  The last time I called them at 9 am on a Monday morning and they delivered to the church for a 10 am service... they are super to work with as far as service. I don't live there either, but have just used them for family funerals, etc. I actually work in Chambersburg!:)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_bakersflorists-in-altoona-pa-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:e1612dd7-eb5d-4c3a-aa86-dc5161a1383dPost:455b3562-8e21-4621-835a-8930cc222a52">Bakers/Florists in Altoona, PA area?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! : ) I am getting married in Altoona next July, and I've already booked the church, reception venue (Ramada), DJs (Ron and Joanne Sassano), photographer (Nick Finochio), photo booth (Ray Kauffman Photography), and videographer (Moore Video Productions).  Now we're in the market for a cake baker and a florist. Anyone have any suggestions? We're having the wedding in Altoona because I wanted to get married in the church where I grew up/my parents were married, but we live about 1 1/2 hours away in Chambersburg. So I am looking for vendors who are easy to work with in addition to excellent production. If anyone from the Altoona/Hollidaysburg/Bellwood/Tyrone area has any suggestions, please let me know! Thank you! KT
    Posted by KristinT814[/QUOTE]

Sorry.... Nancy's is in Roaring Springs not Altoona, but close enough!
  • Options
    Congrats on your wedding! We are living in Chambersburg but getting married in Altoona too :)

We are doing our own flowers, saving some money by getting them wholesale, but we're using a lady for our cake that is from State College. She's amazing, my cousins have used her and her cakes are delicious and beautiful- the name is Delectible Delights by Heather Luse.
  • Options
    Thank you!! : hope your planning is going well!!
  • Options
    I would suggest Country Blossoms and Gifts in Saxton, or since you live in Chambersburg, Phillips Flower and Gift Shop in Mercersburg does a great job!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 January Siggy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards