Illinois

White Pines Inn, Oregon, Illinois

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has had their wedding ceremony and reception at the White Pines Inn in Oregon Illinois. How was the planning experience? How was the end result?
-Anne

Re: White Pines Inn, Oregon, Illinois

• edited December 2011
    I haven't had a wedding there but we have had a party and it was great.
  • edited December 2011

That place looks so beautiful!!  I wish we were having ours there. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, the online photos looks great--and then you get there--eek!

My fiance's parents scoed it out for us and said it was the tackiest place they have ever seen (the photos were proof). The ceremony sites are all about 10 feet apart complete with astroturf runners and fake flowers. Their sun "canopy" looks like a tent from the army.

If you're looking for a classy place, I don't reccomend White Pines. You can find something MUCH better and for a better price.

Have you looked into Starved Rock State Park? It's a bit pricerier but it was our first choice (alas, we chose a place closer to his elderly relatives, a three hour drive would have killed them--no pun intended).
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our Handfasting there.  Alana has been wonderful with us, answering questions and showing us around.  We went in with no expectations.  While it is true that in their 'canyon' is a little cramped, if your guests are checking out the other ceremony sites, you haven't invited the right people to your wedding.  (sorry to sound bitchy there)  White Pines isn't for everyone, but we are able to do our reception for 100 and ceremony for 100+ for under $8000 (TOTAL budget incl rings, etc) . Where else could we do that? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards