Pennsylvania-Central

Has anyone been to a wedding/having their wedding at the Country Barn Market in Lancaster?

Just wondering if anyone has been to or is having a wedding at the Country Barn in Lancaster. I'm having a hard time finding reviews and pictures of the place. We went yesterday to tour the grounds but "Farmer Jim" didn't have any pictures, which kind of concerned me. Any feed back would be appreciated! Smile

Re: Has anyone been to a wedding/having their wedding at the Country Barn Market in Lancaster?

• We researched this place like crazy because it's five minutes away from our house and we liked the idea of a barn reception.  We ended up not booking because we found some reviews that talked about Farmer Jim coming up with after the fact pricing, plus we were quoted an additional $2k to have the ceremony on site.

Also, the pictures we found online (their website and through some of the reviews -- Google) weren't inspiring....we ended up going to Four Seasons Golf Course instead. Although as a side note, I didn't like the pictures of Four Seasons either, but when we visited they had completely remodeled and are in the process of revamping their wedding offerings.

Good luck!

photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • My daughter looked into the Country Barn as well....and we opted for the Yellow Barn at Landis Valley Farm Museum for some of those very reasons concerning Farmer Jim.  Something about him just didn't sit well with me.
  • PLEASE DEAR GOD DON'T BOOK YOUR WEDDING THERE!  I've been to two events there and I beyond despise that location.  Farmer Jim is absolutely unprofessional, has tried to gauge clients of ours after they've fully paid for their wedding.. on the day of their wedding, and allows his unsightly and rude mother to rule the b and b where brides and grooms usually get ready.  The mother has come into the room where one of our brides were getting ready to gather the glasses from the B&B which still had their mimosa's in and they were actively drinking, cleaned them, and then put a sign on the shelf where they came from that usage was $1 per glass.  The food they serve is frozen out of a box and I also don't believe the staff who serve your guests should be allowed to have a table of their own at your reception during your reception.  The grounds aren't always kept manicured.  PLEASE, for your own sanity do not book there! 
  • Im very glad I read this post. I was thinking about looking into this venue. I dont think I will now. Good luck Katsmomma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards