Pennsylvania-Central

Selecting Bridesmaid Etiquette

I became engaged shortly after a friend from college had.  Our wedding dates are two weeks apart.  We have a mutual friend from college whose wedding we were both in last year.  I was hoping to ask this mutual friend to be in my bridal party, but my friend beat me to the punch so to speak.  Our mutual friend has expressed her desire to be in my wedding even though she has already committed to our other friend.  I don't want to take anything away from my friend and her wedding, but I really wanted this mutual friend to be one of my bridesmaids.  I don't have any sisters or future sister-in-laws to ask and true friends are few and far between.  Is it wrong to ask the mutual friend to be in my wedding, too
~Don't marry someone you can live with- marry the person you can't live without~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Selecting Bridesmaid Etiquette

• shanaea87shanaea87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No I don't see why you shouldn't. As long as the mutual friend wants to and is willing to then I don't see why there would be a problem.
  • edited December 2011
    This shouldn't be a problem at all, unless you two are getting married on the same day. Its up to the mutual friend as to whether or not she wants to be in both. I'm sure you and bride-friend aren't going to be trying to hoard your mutual friend so I don't think it'll be a big deal.
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • edited December 2011
    There's no rule that says you can only be in one bridal party per month. I can't see the big deal in asking. If it's a money issue that's different though...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards