Illinois
Options

Eva's of Oak Lawn or Wolsfelts Victorian Bridal???

Has anyone bought their dress from Eva's of Oak Lawn, Wolsfelts Victorian Bridal or White Carriage Bridal?? I am looking at making appointments at these places, but wanted to get feedback on anyone's experiences there!  Or if you have any other suggestions! Thank you in advance :) 

Re: Eva's of Oak Lawn or Wolsfelts Victorian Bridal???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister got her dress at Evas in Oak Lawn for her wedding last November, and I looked there for my dress for my wedding THIS November.

They are pretty nice, and have a decent selection.  They assign you a sales rep/attendant who helps you in and out of the dresses etc, which is nice.  They are a little bit more personal then I found Davids Bridal and House of Brides (where I ended up getting my dress).

I will say though that I didnt think they budged enough price wise when it came down to negotiations, and I did ge at a shady vibe from the lady who helped me, (the lady who helped my sister was great)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at Eva's of Oak Lawn last weekend.  The store was dirty and many dresses I tried on had a ring of filth at the bottem.  I had gone the previous weekend and met with Laura at House of Brides in Orland where I thought I had found *The Dress*  After trying on a couple of dresses at Eva I was even more certain that the other dress was the dress for me.  I told my consultant this (in an effort to be honest and not waste her time).  She asked about this other dress and said Eva's would beat their price.  She countered $200 lower than House of Brides.  I told her I had 1 more appointment (David's in Orland Park) and would have to come back.  The consultant then became VERY pushy and told me that the quoted price would not be honored if I were to leave the store.  At that point I walked. 

I'm glad i did not bow to the pressure and purchase a dress that day because I found a dress that i loved even more (I didn't think that was possible) at David's Bridal in Orland Park.  My consultant was Ebonique and she could not have been more wonderful.

The cliff notes: If you're already driving to Oak Lawn do another 20 minutes and check out Laura at House of Brides and Ebonique at David's Bridal. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Wolsfelts and had a great experince. Plus my guys got their suits there all in one place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't go to evas bridal they are going bankrupt and already closed one store. My friend never got her dress. Here comes the bride in addison was amazing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_evas-of-oak-lawn-wolsfelts-victorian-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:617Discussion:e5ea658f-2af3-4aa1-9766-b10217d8cb00Post:addf82fe-9aa6-40db-a891-8a80bdabe77c">Re: Eva's of Oak Lawn or Wolsfelts Victorian Bridal???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't go to evas bridal they are going bankrupt and already closed one store. My friend never got her dress. Here comes the bride in addison was amazing
    Posted by FutureSarahPalicka[/QUOTE]

this is garbage...
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agreed, don't listen to that FutureSarahPalin chick, its kinda ironic that all of her posts slam Eva's bridal --- oh but you MUSt make sure to go to here comes the bride in addison.... a little too coincidental....

Eva's of Oak Lawn is just fine...  a lot of brides have gotten their dresses there, no problem!  Ive gotten several bridesmaid dresses there -- no problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards