Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Seamstress recommendations?

I called Sew Unique in Ft. Mitchell today (because they were highly recommeded) to see about getting a bustle put on my dress.  The owner informed me that this weekend they are closing the store for good. So, does anyone have any recommendations for a great, not overly expensive, seamstress?  TIA.

Re: Seamstress recommendations?

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We went with Kim Dao Alterations in downtown near the Garfield Suites and she was very thorough with her work.  She offered a five point bustle instead of one.  And it was very affordable.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mjc468mjc468 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Margaret Oldfield. She's on the west side near Cleves. She is very popular and very good at what she does.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are some names further down on the board.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenn1981jenn1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pauline miller. www.stitchesbypauline.com i used her off recs from this board when i was wedding planning and she was great.
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hsnodgrahsnodgra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lori Schur! She works out of her home - in Fairfield. She hemmed my dress & took in the bust (a lot!) and is currently adding a bustle for me. Really inexpensive and does a great job. (513) 825-1987.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have an email address for Lori Schur?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LindsnJoshLindsnJosh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lori is SO good! She took my dress down from a size 8 to a size 2, did everything I asked (I wanted it form fitting), did the bustle, hemmed... for 3x less than any other seamstresses quoted me. My dress was a lot of work because it was too big and plus it had a lot of lace and layers. She didn't let me pay her until I was in love with it and it was finished, and didn't let me pay her extra despite how much time she put into it.
  • Options
    hsnodgrahsnodgra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only ever called her - don't have an email address for her - sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What exactly do you mean my inexpensive pricing? 100-200-300 dollars?
  • Options
    lschurlschur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to let anyone know who reads this that Lorie Schur has moved from the Fairfield area to the Maineville area (near Kings Island).  Her new phone number (513) 583-5350.  She works out of her house and loves to help brides and bridal parties look their best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards