Illinois

Reception Venue Champaign-Urbana

My fiance and I really want an outdoor ceremony and found the U of I Arboretum that has really pretty gardens. We're having trouble finding a location for the reception though. Places like the Hilton Garden Inn are upwards of $40 per person and with 250 people that's just not in our budget. Does anyone know of any reception locations in/around Champaign-Urbana? We found a caterer so the venue doesn't have to provide food. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Re: Reception Venue Champaign-Urbana

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_ceremony-venue-champaign-urbana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:617Discussion:f5fa05b3-94cf-450a-8005-54cc3204eaa7Post:39aa3778-bc27-49b1-9d5f-150cbf5cf292">Reception Venue Champaign-Urbana</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I really want an outdoor ceremony and found the U of I Arboretum that has really pretty gardens. We're having trouble finding a location for the reception though. Places like the Hilton Garden Inn are upwards of $40 per person and with 250 people that's just not in our budget. Does anyone know of any reception locations in/around Champaign-Urbana? We found a caterer so the venue doesn't have to provide food. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
    Posted by jlhuckstep3[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Try the Iron Horse Golf & Country Club in Tuscola IL. It's $495 for the room and addtl $10/hr for bar service. Beautiful room in person with gorgeous green views. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_ceremony-venue-champaign-urbana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:617Discussion:f5fa05b3-94cf-450a-8005-54cc3204eaa7Post:39aa3778-bc27-49b1-9d5f-150cbf5cf292">Reception Venue Champaign-Urbana</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I really want an outdoor ceremony and found the U of I Arboretum that has really pretty gardens. We're having trouble finding a location for the reception though. Places like the Hilton Garden Inn are upwards of $40 per person and with 250 people that's just not in our budget. Does anyone know of any reception locations in/around Champaign-Urbana? We found a caterer so the venue doesn't have to provide food. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
    Posted by jlhuckstep3[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVE the I Hotel and Conference Center:</div><div><a href="http://www.stayatthei.com" rel="nofollow">www.stayatthei.com</a></div><div>
    </div><div>It is right down from the arboretum and I have seen many amazing weddings there...in fact my own wedding will be there! They do use university catering, though. If you have already booked your caterer then it may not work our because I dont think they allow outside caterers. However, if you have not booked yet, University catering is delicious!</div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards