Illinois-Southern Illinois

reception venues

I live in St. Louis but getting married around my hometown.  Does anyone have any suggestions for reception venues in southern Illinois, specifically Franklin Co, Williamson Co, Jackson Co, even Perry Co.  I can't find anything online.  I really want a hotel ballroom because I'm going to have a lot of out of town guests.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 
White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: reception venues

• Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check the local colleges and see if they have any nice spaces. especially if they have a catering major or something you might be able to get off pretty cheap on food too
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problem. I'm originially from STL and my finace is from Southern Illinois. We've decided to have it here but there are NO good places. I'd be over the moon just to find a big enough confrence center in a hotel around here. They only hold about 200 normally.
  • Did you girls have any luck?  My fiance and I are looking now in the same area and my biggest problems are that I'm in St. Louis planning and that a lot of the places I like have really strict rules about their facilities, like what vendors I can and can't hire.  Any help would be appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards