Massachusetts

Beach or barn venue ideas in NE area

Relatively new member here- engaged about a month ago, been with Fiance for 11+ years, and so far the only thing I am at all stressed about is the VENUE!

Ok, so putting it out there- looking for suggestions for a great wedding venue, located in Mass, RI, NH, CT, VT or ME (preferably a max of 3 hours from Cape Cod, but this is negotiable) for Fall of 2012.

Grew up on the cape, so CC would be convenient, but we are willing to travel for the right place. Regardless, the wedding will be "destination" for most guests at least, so we are looking for something that could ideally be doable for a weekend trip.

Looking for a place that has a great outside space, is idealy "Beachy" or "Barny", and can handle about 150 people. Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated! Thanks! :)

Re: Beach or barn venue ideas in NE area

• bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a friend of mine just got married at Bittersweet Farm in Wesport, MA, that would give you the barn feel.
    I can suggest some places in the Berkshires if that's not too far.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Berkshires arnt to far- Im willing to travel for the right place! The place and feel are more important to me than the location... Thanks!   :)
  • bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well then, barny in the Berkshires...
    Bucksteep Manor (Washington), Stonover Farm (Lenox), Gedney Farm (New Marlboro), Chrissey Farm (Great Barrington), Sheep Hill (Williamstown), Warfield House Inn (Charlemont) 

I've also been giving some thought to some beachy places in RI (where I grew up). There are a TON in Narragansett and Newport. My cousin got married at the Hyatt on Goat Island in Newport last summer and it's gorgeous! 
    I could go on but I found these sites instead: 

Hope that helps! 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    There's Gibbet Hill Barn in Groton, MA. It's really nice but I dont think there's a hotel very close. Worth checking out though.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE Gibit Hill, but it is on the up side of our budget...

Looking at Bucksteep Tomorrow- Anyone have any experience with it?
  • edited December 2011
    Perhaps the Cape Cod Museum of art?  There is a nice beach about a block away to get married at.   Lots of hotels and little seaside cottages in the area for people to stay at too. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Harrington Farm in Princeton in Oct.
    It is gorgeous and has indoor and outdoor space.

There is a Courtyard Marriott with a CoCo Keys Waterpark less than 10 miles away.

Best of luck in your search!
    Vacation Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield. There are pics in my bio. We're going to be able to pull off food for about $40 pp. I think this is well within your range. The barn is beautiful, the grounds are beautiful, and I think it's a pretty unique wedding venue! It's similar to Gibbett Hill, but at a much easier price to handle!
    ~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AVBartoAVBarto member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into the poppanesett inn...that place is on the beach...I'm getting married at the Branford House, but what you may want to check is the Carousel House at Lighthosue Point in New Haven.  Don't use the website...it sucks...google some weddings that were there from photographers...
    www.petanolucci.com
  • Greengage Marmalade are event producers with a barn venue in Germantown NY.  They are on FB with lots of great shots of the barn but no wedding shots as they were originally a DIY venue and weren't getting the photography.  Info@greengagemarmalade.com.  The barn is great to host a small wedding and there is a pond and huge tent site all with great views of the Catskills.  The farmhouse is included with the venue fee and it is so cute!  3 BR, 2.5 BA.  Clawfoot tub, huge kitchen, etc.  You have to work with the venue producer Greengage Marmalade which is fine as they can handle everything.  They are also the caterer, so that worry is gone as well. 

Hope this helps. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards