Massachusetts
Options

COLORS...

So we're having our wedding ceremony in Ashburnham, MA in my fiance's parents frontyard... Which is  where My color scheme troubles go into play... of course it VERY green cause of the grass and they have a huge beautiful barn red house.... I'm having the hardest time with the colors of my wedding. Mostly the bridesmaids dresses...  I'm thinking of just going black, white, and grey and just having the flowers be the pop 'o' color. So pretty much i'm stuck... Any advice would be GREAT!P.s. The wedding is going to be in the month of september.

Re: COLORS...

• Options
    sherwrightsherwright member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is in Sept. and Im using Burnt Orange and Eggplant.Im not a big fan of black, grey and white.  To me it reminds me of graduations.  But thats just me and theres plenty of other brides out there who have used those colors.Try the fall board for color thoughts.IMO - you could use yellows, oranges, dark purples - but again - Im bias to those colors. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having an October wedding and we are going with Champagne dresses. The other colors I am going with are burgundys, burnt orange, browns and ivory. Because it is fall my planner and I have decided that we really don't have to be too strict with certain colors and are pretty much doing fall colors but sticking to the ones I wrote above. If you do go with black dresses what about red (since the house is), orange and greens in the flowers? Just a thought if you are interested in kind of a fall theme...
  • Options
    snoopy3319snoopy3319 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about the surroundings, unless you plan on them being a real focal point. For instance, grass is going to go with anything, because no one's really going to notice. The red house is a little tricky. Try oranges or yellows maybe. But honestly, people are going to see the bridal part and not the scenery.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ASHLEYDAHLKEASHLEYDAHLKE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you all for the advice... I was kinda think Granny Smith Apple Green too. My soon to be sister-in-law suggested that one...
  • Options
    lauralaurlauralaur member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just use the colors that you like and make you and your fi happy. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards