Massachusetts

Wedding for June 2013!! Yikes

My out-of-town daughter just decided to get married in Western MA in June 2013, so we have tight timeline.  She wants something non-traditional.  Total budget for wedding $15k.
Any ideas?  Would it help to use wedding planner?  Anyone with success with a wedding planner with these challenges?

Re: Wedding for June 2013!! Yikes

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_wedding-for-june-2013-yikes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:619Discussion:169b43a0-d81f-401b-959e-6ff58e809dacPost:b6254e76-567e-400a-a983-527484b795cf">Wedding for June 2013!! Yikes</a>:
    [QUOTE]My out-of-town daughter just decided to get married in Western MA in June 2013, so we have tight timeline.  She wants something non-traditional.  Total budget for wedding $15k. Any ideas?  Would it help to use wedding planner?  Anyone with success with a wedding planner with these challenges?
    Posted by gaylecar[/QUOTE]

<div>You've got 6 months...PLENTY of time! :)  First things first....find your venue!  And, as foryour budget...15k is very reasonable...well, depending on the number of guests you're thinking of.  Fridays and Sunday weddings may get you discounted rates at some locations.  Try to find something all-inclusive if possible.  This will help with you planning and budget.  In terms of a wedding planner...just say no.  Especially if you're looking at a competent venue as they will likely have a planner/manager/coordinator on site that will work with you on all of the planning and the day of!  As for western MA and non-traditional, I thought of the Cranwell and Old Sturbridge Village...though, I am not a fan of the Cranwell as I did have a poor experience at a family member's wedding there.  Good luck!</div>
  • button6004button6004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2012
    Another "nontraditional" option would be the Carriage House in Springfield.  Its a beautiful older building and the park is gorgeous in June.  The only downside is its not inclusive, so you'd need to hire things like catering and bar services.

There are also a number of local hotels and inns that host weddings.  I know they might not fit ideally into the "nontraditional" wish, but they tend to include food and beverages.

Because June is a high traffic wedding month, I'd recommend picking a venue now.  You have plenty of time for the little details, but unfortunately I dont think you have a ton of time for the big ticket items.  Photographers, DJs, Florists and Venues book fast.

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Also, as an out-of-town bride getting married in western MA (where I grew up) myself, I've found it relatively easy to plan despite the distance. A lot of the venues have good photos online, so she might not even need to visit it to choose the location.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks for your suggestions
  • Facebook.com/adelaidezuccariniphotography
  • Congrats to you and your daughter!  I agree that a wedding planner is not necessary.  The knot can basically be your wedding planner ;)  For venues, I recommend checking out the Log Cabin in Holyoke (the views are amazing!), Stanley Park in Westfield (their gardens are gorgeous!), and Look Park in Northampton.  There are also many colleges in Western MA with beautiful architecture and landscaping; you might consider looking at Mount Holyoke College (Abbey Chapel), Hampshire College (Red Barn), or Smith...  It would definitely make the planning easier if the venue also provided food, but there are also many good caterers in the area...

And for your photographer, you have to check out West on Jade Photography!!!  I love her stuff, and am definitely using her for my best friend's wedding.

Good luck, and keep the posts coming if you run into any specific questions!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_wedding-for-june-2013-yikes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:619Discussion:169b43a0-d81f-401b-959e-6ff58e809dacPost:b6254e76-567e-400a-a983-527484b795cf">Wedding for June 2013!! Yikes</a>:
    [QUOTE]My out-of-town daughter just decided to get married in Western MA in June 2013, so we have tight timeline.  She wants something non-traditional.  Total budget for wedding $15k. Any ideas?  Would it help to use wedding planner?  Anyone with success with a wedding planner with these challenges?

At first, I wasn't sure a wedding planner/coordinator was worth it but I was WRONG! My coordinator saved me lots of time and money already and we are not even far along. I would definitely suggest seeking help. You can PM me if you are interested in my planner's contact info.
  • If you still need an affordable photographer, check out JMK Portraits in West Boylston MA!

Only $700 for up to 6H and she gives you a DVD with all your photos plus extra enhancements!!!

Here is the site   <a href="http://www.jmkportraits.com" rel="nofollow">www.jmkportraits.com</a>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_wedding-for-june-2013-yikes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:619Discussion:169b43a0-d81f-401b-959e-6ff58e809dacPost:b6254e76-567e-400a-a983-527484b795cf">Wedding for June 2013!! Yikes</a>:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards