Massachusetts

Am I going overboard?

This is what we've got set up for the kids table at the wedding. Is it too much?

The kids are going to have goodie bags at their table with the following items. We want to make sure they have plenty to do and don't get too crabby while they wait.

1. Foam Frame making (which is going to be their place card holder): complete with easy self adhesive letters, numbers, flowers, hearts, and sea creatures (he proposed at the aquarium! :D)
2. Scavenger hunt with one time use cameras. After the wedding we'll develop and sent copies to the kids, so they can choose their favorite picture to put in the frames they make.
3. Activity/Coloring book with a box of crayons: I am making personalized ones using Crayola's website. Also going to include puzzles for the older kids, and blank pages in the back where they can draw pictures for us.
4. Glow sticks for dancing the night away!
5. Bag of snack including homemade rice crispy treats, red seedless grapes, ring pops (seems fitting, lol), and a capri sun.

Re: Am I going overboard?

• bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds like fun! I love the frame/scavenger picture hunt idea !It is so cute and will be such a nice momento for them!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The cameras for the kids are a great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

These are so cool you should give them to the adults too!! I'd be psyched to color :)

Seriously though, great thinking.

image 89 We asked to dance
    image 78 Are ready to go! image 11 Are lame but save us some money! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • acd8187acd8187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you think someone who is 14 or 16 will enjoy these things? We have a niece and nephew who are a little bit older than the other kids (11-4) and we aren't sure they would be interested in these activites. We really want to include them with their cousins, but don't want them to have to feel responsible for the little kids? Where should I seat them?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_am-going-overboard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:619Discussion:16a3ab4d-8bef-4f12-85f5-e6ee5bb6101cPost:bd6c117c-5239-44ed-8f43-09297ccc0396">Re: Am I going overboard?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you think someone who is 14 or 16 will enjoy these things? We have a niece and nephew who are a little bit older than the other kids (11-4) and we aren't sure they would be interested in these activites. We really want to include them with their cousins, but don't want them to have to feel responsible for the little kids? Where should I seat them?
    Posted by acd8187[/QUOTE]

If they are close to their younger cousins, put them there. If not, put them with their parents. Could you ask them where they would be more comfortable?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards