Massachusetts
Options

Venue search for an out-of-town bride-to-be

Hello knotties-

I'm looking for some opinions on a handful of venues on our current list. Although we both grew up in CT and most of our families are there (thus we are planning on getting married in CT/MA) we now live in NC, so my planning is long-distance. Any thoughts, experiences (both good and bad) that you could share would be very helpful!

If you have any other suggestions for locations (CT or MA, ~100 guests, $15,000 budget) those would be appreciated as well.  I am not thrilled by the typical ballroom, I like venues that are rustic, or have high ceilings and lots of natural light. Waterviews would be a bonus. Going to try and narrow our list as best as possible so that when we are in state around the holidays we can hit up those that rank highest.

1- The Ranch Golf Club (Southwick, MA)
2- Glastonbury Hills Country Club (Glastonbury, CT)
3- Lake Pearl Luciano's [treetop room] (Wrentham, MA)
4- Lily Lake Inn [fountain room] (Wolcott, CT)

Thanks!

Re: Venue search for an out-of-town bride-to-be

• Options
    Again, Augustmoon, you cant post here as a vendor.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I know nothing about the venues currently on your list but the Red Barn at Hampshire College and the Salem Cross Inn fit the rustic non-traditional ballroom requirement, however they are probably further than you're looking to be from CT. 
  • Options
    Hi - I'm getting married at Look Park in Florence next September.  They are very reasonably priced but you need to get your own caterer.  The room there, the garden house, is really beautiful with big windows and french doors as well as high ceilings with big wooden beams.  good luck
  • Options
    I don't know about the other three but a co-worker just got married at the Ranch in Southwich. I didn't personally attend but a few other co-workers did and said it was fantastic.

I'm getting married at the Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield. It is very reasonably priced. They offer several reception rooms and have indoor/outdoor ceremony sites.
  • Options
    Southern CT also has the Bill Miller's castle  (www.billmillerscastle.com) I SO wish i had a wedding party small enough to fit there (just slightly too big at 200-300).  ~100 would be a perfect fit there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards