Massachusetts
Options

Dress shopping reviews??

Hi all,

I'm looking to go dress shopping and am overwhelmed by the number of places to choose from. I'm in western MA, but willing to travel a bit. Looking for something that feels special, but is reasonably priced.

Would you recommend the place you went? If so, please do. I'd love to know what made it great.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Re: Dress shopping reviews??

• Options
    Elizabeth Ann Bridal in Holden MA was amazing to me. They made it a fun shopping experience.
  • Options
    So far, Bancroft Bridals in Feeding Hills has been great to work with.  The girls are so nice over there.
  • Options
    SJM7538SJM7538 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Both my sister and sister in law went to Bridal Corner and Chicopee. I just bought my dress there this past weekend.

Fantastic experiences all around.  The only con I found is that they don't have a lot dresses that aren't strapless. I went in not wanting a strapless dress but ended up falling in love with one.

I've bought dresses (not wedding dresses) from Bridal Barn in Deerfield and have had positive experiences there to.

I had two friends go to Bancroft and one said they had extremely rude customer service and the second one told me that they refused to give her her wedding dress two days before the wedding because one of her BMs had not paid for her dress in full yet even though hers was totally paid off.  This is just what I heard through word of mouth tho.
  • Options
    just like to add that I got home from work tonight from a hand written thank you note from the owner of bridal corner for buying my dress with them.
  • Options
    I highly recommend Bridal Heirlooms in South Hadley.  I just had a fabulous experience there last week searching for my gown.  Both of my aunts bought their bridal gowns there and I purchased a bridesmaids dress there for one of my aunt's weddings as well.  Super nice and really helpful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I went to Laurens in Sturbridge - OK experience but they didn't seem that warm and inviting to me.  I ended up at Pronuptia in Worcester...wonderful experience!
  • Options
    I second Pronuptiua in Worcester! I went to 2 other shoppes and they were not nearly as customer service oriented.  The quality of the dresses at Pronuptia couldn't be beat either, and they had tons of choices within my budget (Under $1200).  They were awesome!! Definitely well worth the trip :)
  • Options
    I went to Alfred Angelo in N. Attleboro two different times, and loved how well they treated me. The girls there asked me a whole bunch of questions about what I was looking for and my personality before trying some dresses I had picked out on my own, and then making some recommendations. 

Also,  I went to Boticelli Bridals in providence (i'm plus size and thats ALL she does) and the woman there was amazing. She gave me some of the best dress shopping advice overall, and even put me in the dress of my dreams. Unfortunatly, it was a size too small, and discontinued. If you're a plus size girl, I highly suggest going there. She had me spot on with the first dress. 
  • Options
    I know this post originated a month or more ago, but just wanted to add in my experience...
    Had a GREAT experience at Bancroft Bridals in Feeding Hills.
    Had a pretty good experience at David's in W. Spfld as well.
    Absolutely loved my experience at Alfred Angelo in Manchester CT.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
  • Options
    Love Bancroft Bridal, Kortney there is amazing, got me samples of fabrics, called and emailed me the second my dress came in AND made sure I got fair pricing on my dress. I love them and I shopped places in New York, Boston as well as Bridal corner and Bridal barn...Bancroft is great!!
  • Options
    Booo to Bridal Corner in Chicopee.  I got my dress there and the customer service has been horrible.  I finally got it in last week and they demanded I pay the balance (less than 50%) in cash because I wanted to take it with me.  I find this to be VERY RUDE because I left them $500 when I ordered the dress and they had no problem taking that on a credit card and sitting on it for 6 months...  Also, although they PROMISED me they would call the second it came in (who isn't anxiously waiting for their dress?!) I had to call multiple times to get a straight answer on when it would be there and then when I finally got one and called to set up a time to pick it up, I was told my dress was already there.  SERIOUSLY.  I went and got my dress within the hour and hopefully will never have to go back to that place...  BEWARE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards