Massachusetts

Looking for great venues near Leominster

Hi all,

Getting married sometime next fall and looking for nice venues near Leominster... I think within 20 min to a half hour would be good.  Any suggestions?  Any places that you were particularly satisfied with?

Thanks!! 

Jackie

Re: Looking for great venues near Leominster

• edited December 2011
    Well, what's your budget cuz there's a few in the area but they vary significantly... for example: Tower Hill is beautiful but expensive. We loved the look of the Fay Club in Fitchburg (the outside sucks but our wedding is in February) but we didn't end up liking the food. Apple Hill Farm is beautiful and they work with your budget but we didn't like the inside and again, February wedding... I saw that yours is in September- they have nice tented set ups too and I loved the apple orchard look. Also, Chocksett Inn in Sterling is close by and nice with some decent packages. There are a few more but it really depends what you're looking for- maybe you could give us a little more info
  • edited December 2011
    There are nice places in Stow and Bolton.  That's kinda near Leominster.  There's Nashoba Winery, Stow Acres, Butternut Farm GC.  Chocksett is nice.  Budget? Guests? Casual? Formal? Need more deets.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cdlnmfcdlnmf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We loved The Colonial Hotel in Gardner. They were so amazing, so nice, and so budget friendly.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Wachusett Village Inn and the Old Mill. Both located in Westminster? Wachusett Village Inn has a good website. Old Mill is great for budget weddings and has a great area for your pictures.  Wachusett Country Club in West Boylston has wonderful views of the reservoir. You can get married on their terrace outside and if you choose a Friday night or Sunday event, they take $10 off per person. Great value.  When you start to look at prices you want to make sure you include tax, administration fees, and gratuity when figuring out your final cost.  Also, some places charge a cake cutting fee.  Watch those extra fees, they add up.  The Manor in West Boylston has great packages that include floor length linen, chair covers, center pieces, and your cake. They have a good website too.

Have fun searching!
  • saricharsarichar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vachon's Wildlife Sanctuary in Leominster now has weddings - you would need your own caterer and it only holds 120 people but the grounds are beautiful.  The rental fee is a little high but if you get a good deal on a caterer it could be a reasonable option.....
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much everyone for the suggestions!  Still getting the budget in order but anticipating 150-200 guests. 
  • kdalessandrokdalessandro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Leominster and getting married at the Colonial Hotel next weekend.  They have been really friendly to work with, but most of all, you get SOOO much for your money compared to other places.  They are even very reasonable on open bar costs and doing all different types of configurations with you (i.e. flat rate for some hours, closed bar other hours, hosted bar for wedding party only for other hours, switching from flate rate per head to consumption basis...etc.etc.)  Depending on how far in advance you book with them, you also have a choice of the outside tent, which I hear is beautiful, or the indoor ballroom...if you're having 200 guests, it sounds like the ballroom would work best for you...I definitely suggest checking them out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Leominster and am getting married at the Chocksett Inn in May.  We are having our rehearsal dinner at Apple Hill Farm and Country Club.  The Four Points Sheraton, Leominster also does weddings (we have our room block there).  I've also heard great things about the Colonial Hotel in Gardner (our neighbors got married there).  We also looked at Cyprian and Keys Country Club in West Boylston and really liked that venue. 
  • bblouinbblouin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have booked Wachusett Village inn! Very reasonable price packages that include everything short of centerpieces! I looked into tower hill! Super expensive! You only have the choice of one caterer and they start put at $75 per person plus the $2500 you pay Tower Hill!
  • bamistadibamistadi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Harrington Farm in Princeton. It's beautiful. The Colonial in Gardner is nice too. I've been to a few weddings there. Also depending on what your looking for the Marriot in Fitchburg is a nice reception hall.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Old Mill Restaurant in Westminster and its very pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards