Massachusetts
Options

Traditions (or lack of) Thursday

Here's a little poll action to spark some conversation :)

Who's walking you down the aisle?

Are you doing the "somethings"? And what will they be?

Has your groom seen your dress? Has he seen it on you?

Where are you staying the night before the wedding? With who?

Will your groom see you before you walk down the aisle?

Anything else you want to share? 
~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Traditions (or lack of) Thursday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Who's walking you down the aisle? My dad. It was complicated by the fact that I have a step-father who is very much a father to me as well, but I'm a daddy's girl and always have been, and I want that special moment with him.

Are you doing the "somethings"? And what will they be? Planning on getting a garter from Etsy that incorporates all of them.

Has your groom seen your dress? Has he seen it on you? Yes Embarassed. I tried it on with my MoH at a bridal show sample sale, and when I was almost 100% sure it was the one, I had FI come over to confirm my feelings. And I keep it at his apartment.

Where are you staying the night before the wedding? With who? This is a tough one. We'll be living together for 9 months before the wedding. We're getting married in his hometown, so he can stay at his mom's, and I can stay in a hotel with my mom or grandmother or maybe my BM's. I think I'll end up doing this, because I can be a mean grump in the morning with FI, and I don't want to start our best day ever like that... plus it makes it more exciting in my mind.

Will your groom see you before you walk down the aisle? Not sure on this one. We might try to take photos at the church before the ceremony to save on time. I guess if we do that, I'll get one of those "first look" pics :)

Anything else you want to share? Since I have two father figures, I'll have the father-daughter dance, than FI will have the mother-son, then I'll start dancing to "My Wish" with my step-father, and FI will dance with my mother, and then we'll switch partners and have everyone join. (if there's enough time).
    ~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who's walking you down the aisle? My grandfather. This was hard for me as well as I have my dad and step-dad in the picture. I decided that he was the person that deserved it most.

Are you doing the "somethings"? And what will they be? I am, but the only thing I have going for me right now is the something new (my dress).

Has your groom seen your dress? Has he seen it on you?  No, we wantt o keep this tradition

Where are you staying the night before the wedding? With who? My moms house

Will your groom see you before you walk down the aisle? Nope

Anything else you want to share?  We won't be going any bouquet or garters. FI will do the dance with his mom. Other than that, nothing!
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who's walking you down the aisle? my Dad. I think that and the father daughter dance are the only parts of the wedding he's looking forward to :)

Are you doing the "somethings"? And what will they be? Not sure yet. Thinking of a sewing a label into my dress w/ my initials and wedding date in blue. Not sure what, if anything, we'll do for the rest.

Has your groom seen your dress? Has he seen it on you? nope. sticking with this tradition

Where are you staying the night before the wedding? With who? we'll both be staying at the hotel where we're getting married but in seperate rooms. I'm hoping to have a mini slumber party with my girls the night before.

Will your groom see you before you walk down the aisle? we're not planning to at the moment

Anything else you want to share? we're not doing the bouquet or garter toss either!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Dad, no question

Yes, I will, so far I have 'new' down with the shoes and dress, blue will probably be underwear, borrowed is possibly a bracelet, old is TBD, and my grandmother said last week that she found a sixpense.

Absolutely not!  (to both)

I'll be at my parent's house, FI will be at a hotel.

Nope!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Dad.

Old: Earrings from my MOH.
    New: Dress
    Borrowed: Necklace from my MOH.
    Blue: The soles of my shoes are blue.

No and no... he wants nothing to do with it until the day of.

Staying at home, with my love... we don't believe that we shouldn't see each other. We're both going to be setting up the venue anyway, so why not spend the night together too. We did decide that he wouldn't shave and we'd both look like crap during the day so that it's a total transformation.

See above :)

Anything else you want to share?
    Like PP we're not doing the bouquet toss or the garter either.
    image 89 We asked to dance
    image 78 Are ready to go! image 11 Are lame but save us some money! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-western-mass_traditions-lack-of-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:619Discussion:40b2272c-14f9-4ee9-868d-b88b1cf853e6Post:68c669d5-b6b3-4a2a-a10b-9da29a9fdd9e">Re: Traditions (or lack of) Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you staying the night before the wedding? With who? Staying at home, with my love... we don't believe that we shouldn't see each other. We're both going to be setting up the venue anyway, so why not spend the night together too. We did decide that he wouldn't shave and we'd both look like crap during the day so that it's a total transformation. Posted by dupless[/QUOTE]

Good idea! If we end up staying together, I might steal that :)
  • Options
    A&EToBeA&EToBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I'm a little late to the party... but I want to play! :)

Who's walking you down the aisle? My dad is.  That's one of the things I'm both most looking forward to, and most dreading.  I'm a cryer, and a daddy's girl... so I'm really worried that I won't be able to hold it together.  At the same time though, my dad is a big part of my life, and I'm his only child.  I know that walking me down the aisle is a big deal for him, and I'm thinking that it's going to be a really amazing moment for the both of us.

Sure am! 
    Something Old: My grandmother's ivory elephant pendant. It's one of my most prized possessions and the wonderful woman who made my bridal jewelry was willing and able to incorporate it into my necklace design. I LOVE it!
    Something New: You name it... Dress, Veil, Shoes... pretty much most of what I'll be wearing.
    Something Borrowed: My future mother-in-law's diamond tennis bracelet. I was absolutely floored wen she offered to let me borrow it, and I love that I'll be wearing something from FI's side of the family too. It just feels so special!
    Something Blue: I'm writing "I do" in blue swarvoski crystals on my undies (tee-hee!)
    And a lucky six-pence for her shoe: My mom got my sister one, I'm hoping that she'll come through for me too... If not, I'll have to just grab a penny (LOL) (although I might ask for someone to go ask my FI for one that day if I'm doing a last minute thing... might be cute)

Has your groom seen your dress? Has he seen it on you? No way Jose!  My FI doesn't even want me to TALK about my dress in front of him! All he knows is that it's not white (but not a crazy color either) because I checked with him before I bought it to make sure he was OK with me not in white (It's Sottero and Midgley "Cognac" colored... kind of a light pinky tan) and that it has a corset back (I don't remember why I let that slip... I think because he was obsessing about how difficult it would be to help me out of my dress that night.)

Where are you staying the night before the wedding? With who? I'm staying at my parent's house the night before (FI will be at our house.)  I know that at minimum my MOH is staying with me.  I've invited my other girls, some of them have kids so I'm not forcing it on them.  I'm excited and nervous about this one, I don't sleep well without my fiance, and I don't sleep well when I'm not at home so this'll be interesting.  I might ask my doctor for something to help me get some rest that night, otherwise I won't sleep at all and I'll be a disaster the next day!

Will your groom see you before you walk down the aisle? Absolutely not. We're uber traditional with this one. We're not going to see each other from the time we say "Good Night" at the rehearsal dinner to the moment I begin walking down the aisle to him. (Woah... aaaaaand now I'm crying a little. damn. it's so close!!)

Anything else you want to share? We're not doing bouquet/garter toss either. There's going to be exactly 1 single woman and 3 single men at the wedding... it seemed a little awkward.  We are doing an anniversary dance though, which I'm looking forward to! (We'll have all the married couples get up and start dancing, and then the DJ will call for people to sit down by wedding date... we get to be first, yippee!!) We're also going to have the DJ play both of our parents' first dance songs (and announce that they're their first dance songs, and possibly have them get up to start the dancing first) We were thinking of doing it for each of our siblings too, but I'm thinking that might take too much time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    256image Invited to come play!
    144image Will join us in the sandbox
    112image Took their toys and went home
    0image Are still asking their mommies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards