Massachusetts

Photographer

So I just posted about a DJ but now I need help with a photographer, We are getting married and having the reception at the Springfield Marriott...which is beautiful but theres not a lot for backdrops. So we need someone who is creative and will have a vision for some new idea for pictures.

Also, I'm not sure what the budget should be for a photographer. Whats a rough idea of how much they usually cost??

So if anyone has any ideas for a creative photographer and some insight on what the budget should be that would be great. Thanks!!!

Re: Photographer

• I chose Portrait New England. They have been great to work with so far. To get an idea what YOUR budget for photography should be just use the knot's budget calculator (it's under the tools tab). It helped me a lot in figuring out what percentage of my budget I had to spend on each aspect of the wedding. Then, if there were things I wasn't doing or were saving a lot on then I could just put the extra money towards the things I thought were most important. Also, the budget tool is helpful because photographers can be anywhere between $1k to $5k (for the same thing) so it helps to narrow down the search based on what you can afford.
    By the way, Portrait New England worked with my budget. If you need some more recs I looked into a lot of different photographers before choosing them.
    Good luck!
  • IMO, I think that you can find a lot of photographers out there for around $2k for the same quality of work as $4k. Personally I don't care for the budget tool because it says you should spend x% of your total budget, I think some percentages are unrealistic.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our photographer is Brian Hale.  His work is nice. He's easy going and not expensive.  You can check him out at http://halechannel.com/photostudio/weddingphotographer/index.html

Good luck!

• Brian Hale has been wonderful to work with.  You can check him out at

http://halechannel.com/photostudio/weddingphotographer/index.html

Good luck
  • jerseychic24jerseychic24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I second portrait new england..they work within your budget and your get two photgraphers
  • google andrew ford. Local guy reasonable, and really creative. www.andrewfordpics.com I think...

• Check out:
    Paul S. Robinson Photography
    Try www.paulsrobinsonphotography.com
  • We are using Brian Sullivan Photography. He is unique, creative and very affordable. Our wedding is in July of 2013, but Brian did our engagement session and they call came out amazing! He is on FB as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards